Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wellington NZ to Melbourne, nurse feels like moving, NZ yawn

Wellington NZ to Melbourne, nurse feels like moving, NZ yawn

Old Apr 1st 2006, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wellington NZ to Melbourne, nurse feels like moving, NZ yawn

Hi

i live in wellington NZ, im a UK nurse been here for 6 months and am bored *hitless. Made some really good friends but the city lacks something, i think its called life, dont get me wrong its nice but doesnt have any oomf

So last week went on holiday to melbourne and loved it, yeah a holiday is different to living there, but i really enjoyed the buzz of the city the warmth, the friendly poeople

so im on here to ask if anyone as gone through a similar thing, and has anyone moved from NZ to oz, especially melbourne, is nursing different there, i work in ED and in NZ its very doctor orientated, even had a doc aske me to get him a sandwhich and cup of tea, well after his colleuges held me back from ripping his testicles off and shoving them into a rye bread sandwhich and force feeding them to him i thought WTF am i doing here,

8 hour shifts, working with people who take themsleves far too seriously, and because im a pom ideas and opinions are ignored,

eventhough work in oz might be the same atleast the weather is warmer, and social life more active, i can only eat in the same resataurants and meet the same people so many times,

anyway advice, ponderings and opinions welcomed

have put this in the nursing forum but its a smaller slower forum, great to hear from anyone of any job who has felt/done the same