Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well ... Turns out we have been on TV!

Wikiposts

Well ... Turns out we have been on TV!

Old May 28th 2004, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well ... Turns out we have been on TV!

Hey All,

I hear that I have been spotted on BBC. Heres a VERY quick upate before I shoot off to work.

I left Real Estate one week after shooting that and am now doing the following...

1. Writing for www.inthemix.com.au, Tsunami Magazine and occassionally Resident Advisor.com.au

2. Aiming to get on the club circuit again VERY soon, promoting my own events on the Sunny Coast as its in need of a lift.

3. Selling appliances for kitchens on the side which is great fun so if anyone on the Sunshine Coast needs any kitchen or laundry goods come and see me! PM me for further details

4. Mum still has not got in touch although I have been told that they seen it! At least she can now see what a life I have over here. Perhaps one day she will come around and pick up the phone.

5. Zoe started a wedding stationary business. Starts trading after our wedding on August 1st.

6. We are now saving for a deposit on our own home as the market seems to be a bit rocky at the moment so we are hanging on to see which way it goes (hopefully <<<<)

7. WE ARE HAPPY!!! If anyone is unsure of this place just think of the Sunlight and the good people. I am easily the happiest I have ever been and the competition was a breeze!!!

Well - I will DEFO come on again when I get a chance. Sorry I have not been on for a while.

Anth
Old May 28th 2004, 9:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Well ... Turns out we have been on TV!

welcome back
Make sure you logon again soon; was good to see your TV prog the other day - will be even better to have your updates on here too!
Old May 28th 2004, 9:28 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you did a search on the forum here- you are quite a legend.

Hopefully am the first to say well done on all you have achieved over there
Old May 28th 2004, 9:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Hey All,

I hear that I have been spotted on BBC. Heres a VERY quick upate before I shoot off to work.

I left Real Estate one week after shooting that and am now doing the following...

1. Writing for www.inthemix.com.au, Tsunami Magazine and occassionally Resident Advisor.com.au

2. Aiming to get on the club circuit again VERY soon, promoting my own events on the Sunny Coast as its in need of a lift.

3. Selling appliances for kitchens on the side which is great fun so if anyone on the Sunshine Coast needs any kitchen or laundry goods come and see me! PM me for further details

4. Mum still has not got in touch although I have been told that they seen it! At least she can now see what a life I have over here. Perhaps one day she will come around and pick up the phone.

5. Zoe started a wedding stationary business. Starts trading after our wedding on August 1st.

6. We are now saving for a deposit on our own home as the market seems to be a bit rocky at the moment so we are hanging on to see which way it goes (hopefully <<<<)

7. WE ARE HAPPY!!! If anyone is unsure of this place just think of the Sunlight and the good people. I am easily the happiest I have ever been and the competition was a breeze!!!

Well - I will DEFO come on again when I get a chance. Sorry I have not been on for a while.

Anth
Wish you all the luck with your ventures.....remember and post some wedding piccies.......................we r coming to Oz end of \June so mite take u up on the offer of appliances
Old May 28th 2004, 9:51 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All,

Anth

Anthony & Zoe

Nice to see you two back posting again, glad all is going well for you. Keep us up-to-date on your progress and belated congratulations on your wedding (I presume you meant last August!?).

D D
Old May 28th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Anthony.

So glad you and Zoe are happy. I followed your story with interest.

I'm sure your mum will come round in time. Fingers crossed.

Jo
Old May 28th 2004, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice surprise to see you had posted today.
Don't leave it so long next time.
Nice to see all is going well.

Whisky
Old May 28th 2004, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

You seem to be really happy & are somewhat of a success story - that is down to both of you & your hard work - don'y forget to post the wedding piccies & also the website for the wedding stationary business - you never know - could lead to some business on the forum!..

Great TV coverage - I missed it the first time & watched it the day after on Sky. Great!!

all the best

pockygoes
Old May 28th 2004, 9:19 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>5. Zoe started a wedding stationary business.<<

Do hope it gets moving quickly <g>
Old May 28th 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Good to hear from you again!!
Old May 28th 2004, 9:48 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update post.

Well done so far & Good Luck to you and Zoe in the future.

We're all interested in how it goes for you both so please keep posting
Old May 28th 2004, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hey All,

Anth
Hiya
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Sorry to hear about your mum though. That is a shame. I hope that the TV show makes her realise how well you are doing.

Good luck and congratulations for your forthcoming wedding.
Old May 29th 2004, 12:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Anth,
I second the wishes of the other posters

....but also got to say I think the music you put out sounded wicked. I'm a bit of a fossil but love it
Old May 29th 2004, 12:47 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All,

Anth

YAY! Good to hear from you! I nearly choked on my gin when I saw you on the TV the other night, hence the post I put up here. You both seem to be doing really well, as your post above confirms. Sad about your mum, but she may well come round and at least she's seen how well your doing, which is good.

You're still *famous* on this forum - your name pops up whenever someone has a spouse visa panic and there are lots of us using your posts and your lists as checklists in our own applications.

Come back to the site soon and give us some more updates...
Old May 29th 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope you get the club circuit going, it will be hard work as you know what it is like around here! Most people are asleep by 8.30 Get it livened up a bit and show the Aussies some real music

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.