Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well, today's the day, and i'm dreading it!!!

Well, today's the day, and i'm dreading it!!!

Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well, today's the day, and i'm dreading it!!!

we fly from manchester to singapre for 3 days and arrive in brisbane on sunday morning.

so sorry i havent been on but i cant begin to tell you how stresed and busy its been this past couple of weeks.

its 9am now and i'm still packing ready to leave my brothers at lunchtime after the car is sold ( ryans mate buying it) then off to my other brothers for a bit of a barbie and a family get together. the taxi is coming at 5.

well yesterday i started with the runs, this morning ive been sick and feel so weepy! the last couple of days ive said bye to close friends and it was tough, my mum is still crying everytime she looks at me and i feel sooooooooo guilty!

i'm off to the hairdresers at 10 and then its time to say goodbye to ebs, my stepdaughter!! i darent think about that yet! i'm experiencing feelings ive never had before and its terrible but i know natural and have been reassured by most of you who've already done it that its 'normal'!! thank you pants, sue, kay and amanda. hilary hun, good luck and i'l see you in a couple of weeks!

THANK YOU everyone for all you friendship and help over the past couple of' years, i couldn't have done it without you all.i'll be in touch as soon as i can.

love debbie xxx

good luck rach
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:33 am
Banned

Ashers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well, today's the day, and i'm dreading it!!!

Originally Posted by debbiemc
we fly from manchester to singapre for 3 days and arrive in brisbane on sunday morning.

so sorry i havent been on but i cant begin to tell you how stresed and busy its been this past couple of weeks.

its 9am now and i'm still packing ready to leave my brothers at lunchtime after the car is sold ( ryans mate buying it) then off to my other brothers for a bit of a barbie and a family get together. the taxi is coming at 5.

well yesterday i started with the runs, this morning ive been sick and feel so weepy! the last couple of days ive said bye to close friends and it was tough, my mum is still crying everytime she looks at me and i feel sooooooooo guilty!

i'm off to the hairdresers at 10 and then its time to say goodbye to ebs, my stepdaughter!! i darent think about that yet! i'm experiencing feelings ive never had before and its terrible but i know natural and have been reassured by most of you who've already done it that its 'normal'!! thank you pants, sue, kay and amanda. hilary hun, good luck and i'l see you in a couple of weeks!

THANK YOU everyone for all you friendship and help over the past couple of' years, i couldn't have done it without you all.i'll be in touch as soon as i can.

love debbie xxx

good luck rach
everything crossed for you Debbie. Good luck
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:34 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't unusual! (I stopped eating altogether, took to throwing up every morning and pretty much stopped sleeping in the two weeks before we left. I lived on a diet of Stella Artois and insomnia. )

It is the hardest bit. But you'll get through it. Try not to think too much about what's happening and the what ifs. Go with the flow and before you know it, you'll be touching down. Then the fun bit starts.

Best of British.

N.x
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:35 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

love debbie xxx

good luck rach
Awwe Goodluck Debs, am sure as you say it is all 'normal', easy for me to say though, still sitting here
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Debbie
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

love debbie xxx

good luck rach
All the best of luck to you and have a safe flight
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi debbie,

What you're feeling is normal but it doesn't help much with feeling like that. Just take a deep breath and try and take in as much as you can.

All the best

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Well, today's the day, and i'm dreading it!!!

love debbie xxx

good luck rach

Hope that I am not too late to wish you all the best. Anyone who has done this knows exactly what it is like.

Sue
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Safe flight guys - looking forward to hearing your settling in posts.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:42 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaawww Debbie, hang in there. I hope it all goes OK and just as someone just said, go with the flow and before you know it, you'll be touching down.
Remember we're here for you.

Have a great flight.

Gill
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Hopefully Ive got all the stress to come....I reckon it can be very daunting but just think of everything to look forward to.....AND it wont be long till they are queuing up to come visit you!! And if they dont I will!! Just back from Brisbane and it was superb - waking up to blue skies! No depressing winters and NO HAYFEVER! Just need to think of enjoying your new life with everyone still in the UK....the World is getting smaller...with Webcams and faster planes in the future it will get easier!! good luck - hope to see you soon!
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

All the best of luck to you Debbie.

Hope everything goes well.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debbie hun,

All the best for your flight and everything else you have to do. You'll be here before you know it.

If you need ANYTHING at all just let me know. I'm going to PM you my phone number so if you need someone to chat to feel free to call anytime.

Stay in touch.

Love Wendy x
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Safe journey.

I cant imagine all the emotions you are feeling now, but I hope everything works out for you.

Love Samantha
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:03 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Debbie, I really feel for you today - it's going to be a difficult day for you all. Don't know what to say apart from wishing you, Baz and the kids a safe flight - and all the very very best for your lives in Oz.

Nicky
xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.