Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well, this is it, the time has come!

Well, this is it, the time has come!

Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Well, this is it, the time has come!

After a long and sometimes frustrating 18 mths, packers are coming tomorrow.

We have been so busy but I thought that if I didn't sit down for 5 minutes and have a cuppa then I would fall down!

Hubbie is still outside desinfecting everything (have i mentioned before about leaving things till the last minute?). I have been busy doing all the stuff in the house and our son has gone to get a hair cut.

It has been very sad saying all the goodbyes and yesterday was the worsed so far. I still have to say goodbye to my parents and my sister and her family tomorrow which will be terrible. Mum and I have done nothing but cry everytime we speak to each other. However, although it has been bad I still know I want to go.

Our 10 year old has been great. Hardly any tears but he has given me lots of hugs when I cry. He said he is ready to go and he is excited. 6 months ago he really did not want to go but by keeping him involved and telling him from the start has allowed him to come to terms with it.

This is the last night we will sleep in our lovely home and it will feel strange but at the end of the day it is just a house.

We had a phone call from the new owner of our 2 lovely labradors yesterday and they are happy and well and fitting in very well to their new home and family. We know we did the right thing for them, not taking them with us and although we miss them we are also happy we have found them such a lovely home.

We fligh out from Heathrow on Thursday afternoon, so you may not hear from us for a little while.

We will keep you updated on our new life in Cairns, so for now, goodbye.

Mandy (a very tired but excited soon to be ex-pat).
Old Jul 12th 2004, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Well, this is it, the time has come!

Good luck Mandy and family - have a safe trip and keep us posted with your adventure
Safe travels
Nibblo
Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:04 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with everything Mandy!
Have fun!

Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

You take good care now. Have a safe flight.
I know it is sad doing the `goodbyes` but you will come through.

We will all be thinking of you, as your plane scuttles off into the horizon!!!

Love

San
xxxxx
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya mandy,

really pleased that you're about to go off and discover Cairns!

Have a good journey and lots of fun.

I've pm'ed you.

Best wishes,
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by scrawni
After a long and sometimes frustrating 18 mths, packers are coming tomorrow.

We have been so busy but I thought that if I didn't sit down for 5 minutes and have a cuppa then I would fall down!

Hubbie is still outside desinfecting everything (have i mentioned before about leaving things till the last minute?). I have been busy doing all the stuff in the house and our son has gone to get a hair cut.

It has been very sad saying all the goodbyes and yesterday was the worsed so far. I still have to say goodbye to my parents and my sister and her family tomorrow which will be terrible. Mum and I have done nothing but cry everytime we speak to each other. However, although it has been bad I still know I want to go.

Our 10 year old has been great. Hardly any tears but he has given me lots of hugs when I cry. He said he is ready to go and he is excited. 6 months ago he really did not want to go but by keeping him involved and telling him from the start has allowed him to come to terms with it.

This is the last night we will sleep in our lovely home and it will feel strange but at the end of the day it is just a house.

We had a phone call from the new owner of our 2 lovely labradors yesterday and they are happy and well and fitting in very well to their new home and family. We know we did the right thing for them, not taking them with us and although we miss them we are also happy we have found them such a lovely home.

We fligh out from Heathrow on Thursday afternoon, so you may not hear from us for a little while.

We will keep you updated on our new life in Cairns, so for now, goodbye.

Mandy (a very tired but excited soon to be ex-pat).
Mandy
Off at last eh The worst bit is over now mate - its all downhill from now on
Have a great journey.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Good luck Mandy, all the best for you and your familys' new life