Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well that's the shortest job I've had

Well that's the shortest job I've had

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well that's the shortest job I've had

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Classy!

Joondalup and sex shops. The mind boggles.
I only know of the brothel on the industrial estate - Miss Ella Bella, opposite where my girls go to their dance classes...

Come on, name and shame!

I'd always be very cautious about working for/renting from Italians. Racist? yes, probably but once bitten twice shy.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:43 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I only know of the brothel on the industrial estate - Miss Ella Bella, opposite where my girls go to their dance classes...

Come on, name and shame!

I'd always be very cautious about working for/renting from Italians. Racist? yes, probably but once bitten twice shy.
There is an Adult shop next to the ANZ on Reid Prom. The restaurant in question is in the same vicinity.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:47 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, thanks NB, just Googlemapped it and look what came up...

"La Vita Italian Cafe & Restaurant and Wood Fired Pizza"
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Ah, thanks NB, just Googlemapped it and look what came up...

"La Vita Italian Cafe & Restaurant and Wood Fired Pizza"
Yep that's them :curse:

Alison x
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:19 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, name and shame!

Mr PP said exactly the same, worked for an Italian Restaurant many years ago in the UK, agreed a salary and hours, the guy had him working like a dog and at the end of the week halved his salary. I would like to say this is rare but have heard similar stories.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

That wasn't a job, just a con to get free labour.

I would take him to the small claims court (just for the hell of it) and report him to the relevant authorities.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:13 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

To OP contact Fair Work Australia.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:51 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

That's shocking, I'd second going to the media, hit them where it hurts!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:07 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Unpaid work trials are illegal. This is the NSW Industrial Relations site but I think this is now standard Australia wide - check the WA equivalent and complain - then send him a bill for the work you did.

http://www.industrialrelations.nsw.g...rial_work.html
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Unpaid work trials are illegal. This is the NSW Industrial Relations site but I think this is now standard Australia wide - check the WA equivalent and complain - then send him a bill for the work you did.

http://www.industrialrelations.nsw.g...rial_work.html
Cheers, I'll have a look at the link later.

And thanks to everyone else who's also replied Think I will have to complain some where as I'm guessing it's probably not the first time he's done this. Don't see why he should get away with it & get free labour.

Alison x
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin has had similar experiences... One job was meant ti be full time, she did all that was asked and a load more too, got them up to date on shedloads of data entry and filing.... Then they let her go coz they didnt have enough work for her.... Next week another new girl started.... She was let go... Then another a few weeks later.... Looks like they just have these young girls in for a couple of days to catch them up then 'let them go" without pay....
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

They are always advertising for staff in there, and now I know why, I was even thinking of applying myself when I read the advertisement a couple of days ago ......but defo not now
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

"La Vita is the most successful Italian Restaurant north of the river
With a lovly European style Alfresco. La Vita will provide you with
the best Italian food & pizza from our top Italian chef from Italy.
The atomosphere is so good you will think you are in Italy."

Sounds perfect.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Mama Mia
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:46 am
cdb
Just Joined

cdb is an unknown quantity at this point

Go back with your husband and kick up a fuss in front of all the customers, Personally I would have knocked the idiot to the floor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.