Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well....someone jinxed me....

Well....someone jinxed me....

Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well....someone jinxed me....

Ok, a while back someone on here said that usually just before you are ready to leave, all of your appliances start to rebel and break down....

2 days before our leaving do.....the beer fridge blows up :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Well....someone jinxed me....

That's really weird as I haven't heard that but I leave in 2 weeks and literally everything I own keeps breaking. The shower's broke, the kettle leaks water, the toaster just won't work!!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:10 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Hels
2 days before our leaving do.....the beer fridge blows up :scared: :scared:
do you need some help drinking the beer before it gets too warm?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thought you only drank warm beer in England anyway
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:48 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Hels,

I can seriously relate! Our washing machine dug it's heels it as it didn't want to go. Solution... we dumped it and bought a new one which is now shipping it's way to Oz.
Or, as ScutterUK, you can discipline it and it starts working again!

Hope you get your beer fridge sorted out quickly, it is, after all the most important item in the house!!! (Well ours is ! ) )

Good luck with your move and don't forget to do a final check before they seal your container. (I assume you're shipping your stuff?) If I had my removal day over again I'd have taken that last walk around the house, opening every single cupboard and checking that NOTHING is left behind.

Have a fab leaving do!!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 8:56 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

It happens. We discussed various means of stopping this irritating problem here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...pliances+bundy

Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bundy
It happens. We discussed various means of stopping this irritating problem here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...pliances+bundy

Wish I'd bl**dy known that these last few weeks. Typical example: Go round to paint tenants flat. Day lost. When there, open window to let air in and it breaks. Book repair man. Wait in for him, another day lost. While helping him fit the window (when he said it was going to be a two man job, I assumed he'd bring another man) my toddler decided to gouge a drawing into the coffee table. Fixing that will be another day ... but i'm afraid to do it, because I don't know what will happen then!

There have been dozens of other incidents like this ... and now the car is making an "unusual" sound just as we're starting to think of selling it.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

I daren't go to the toilet :scared:

Paul.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 9:26 am

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

That reminds me, I pressed the hooter this morning, (some driver who wasn't paying attention to staying in his lane!), and nothing! I still have to sell my car

I'll get it checked out tomorrow. But I just don't need this!
Old Aug 6th 2004, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

ASDA, free inflatable beer cooler when you buy booze ( not sure if they sell them seperate ), blow it up, chuck a few big bags of ice in and a little water and hey presto, beer fridge

My uncle had an old barrel which he put a load of water in and then a ton of ice, whenever someone wanted a drink they just went dunking for one

Much more fun than a fridge anyway.Especially when it's a garden party.

Paul.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Paul....We have borrowed a friends kids paddling pool....we are gonna fill it with ice....I am sure we can have a few fun drinking games involving that!!!

sunchaser.....The fridge is DEAD....plan on having a memorial service at the party tomorrow night.....

CHnJ....just like in bundy's thread, which was the thread I was thinking about when I posted originally.....they KNOW you are going....its like a big game for everything you own to start playing up and they go on strike...I am sure of it!!!!

walaj....we just spent £170 on beer and it was when we got home we found the beer fridge had had a massive coronry and had passed on.....come on over...plenty to go around!!

JayneS....were you planning on taking everything with you to Oz? Or selling them?? We were selling/giving away all of our things so I think they are starting to really panic about going to a new home....hehehe
Old Aug 6th 2004, 11:56 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
ASDA, free inflatable beer cooler when you buy booze ( not sure if they sell them seperate ), blow it up, chuck a few big bags of ice in and a little water and hey presto, beer fridge

My uncle had an old barrel which he put a load of water in and then a ton of ice, whenever someone wanted a drink they just went dunking for one

Much more fun than a fridge anyway.Especially when it's a garden party.

Paul.
You just need to put it outside here in nz at the mo no fridge required
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:22 pm

Hels,

Love the idea of a filled up paddling pool full of drinks! Can we come to your party?!!!

I think I'm going to take Bundy's advice and start talking to my car as if we're going nowhere. Only thing is I think it might get suspicious as we're now living in a hotel and not at home anymore. Think it will realise what's going on?
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hels,

Love the idea of a filled up paddling pool full of drinks! Can we come to your party?!!!

I think I'm going to take Bundy's advice and start talking to my car as if we're going nowhere. Only thing is I think it might get suspicious as we're now living in a hotel and not at home anymore. Think it will realise what's going on?

Just tell it you're treating it to a nice holiday in a deluxe car park to thank it for all its hard work.
Old Aug 6th 2004, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by sunchaser
Hels,

Sunchaser......sure!!! Come on over....more the merrier I say....

Depends on the sort of car you drive....if its a foreign car...then nah....you can say anything you like, i wont understand...

I think its instinct....we are now starting to have problems with the dishwasher we have never had before...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.