Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well its too late to change our minds now!!!!

Well its too late to change our minds now!!!!

Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Well its too late to change our minds now!!!!

Well the house sale completes tomorrow and Daz put the house alarm on for the last time tonight and handed the keys to the estate agent. We have been staying at Daz's parents since last Friday as we dimantled everything ready for the shippers who came on Monday and Tuesday. We are using ATLANTIS OVERSEAS REMOVALS who so far have been very good and gave a cheaper quote than most of the others.(PM me if any of you need the number - based in Birmingham & Leeds). For all of you who are awaiting the day you wave goodbye to the whole of your possessions let me tell you it is a strange feeling. I stood waving with a tear in my eye till I could see it no longer and had a strange urge to chase after it down the street! Now we have 6 weeks to wait until we leave on the 20th Oct. (this is due to Daz won't go till he has seen his beloved B'ham City play the Villa for the last time!!!!!!) Everything is booked so our only job now is to finalise things in the UK. then chill!!!!
Karen x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well its too late to change our minds now!!!!

Originally Posted by karenjc
Well the house sale completes tomorrow and Daz put the house alarm on for the last time tonight and handed the keys to the estate agent. We have been staying at Daz's parents since last Friday as we dimantled everything ready for the shippers who came on Monday and Tuesday. We are using ATLANTIS OVERSEAS REMOVALS who so far have been very good and gave a cheaper quote than most of the others.(PM me if any of you need the number - based in Birmingham & Leeds). For all of you who are awaiting the day you wave goodbye to the whole of your possessions let me tell you it is a strange feeling. I stood waving with a tear in my eye till I could see it no longer and had a strange urge to chase after it down the street! Now we have 6 weeks to wait until we leave on the 20th Oct. (this is due to Daz won't go till he has seen his beloved B'ham City play the Villa for the last time!!!!!!) Everything is booked so our only job now is to finalise things in the UK. then chill!!!!
Karen x
good luck to you all and i hope everything goes smoothly

debbie
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

fjw999 is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just handed in our notice at work today so almost know how your feeling. Don't worry it's going to be worth it.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 9:01 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Karen x
Wow! Can't wait for that day although probably will shed a tear or two!

Cheers and enjoy

Ginny
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Karen x
Good luck with the rest of your journey , the 6 weeks you have left will fly by, enjoy your last few weeks in England. Whereabouts in Birmingham are you? We came over in March from Sutton Coldfield, and hubby is a big B'ham City supporter. He stays up til the early hours watching it live here as they show all the games on foxtel

Louise
Old Sep 8th 2005, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Yeah, strange feeling isn't it! Remember it well!

Make the most of your last 6 wks in the UK, especially with family and friends, as it will FLY BY!

Have fun and good luck

Gillx
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi karen,it feels really odd to be homeless doesnt it,and when i saw our conrtainer dissapearing down the street it was very emotional,but it was well worth it and sending your container on ahead at least means you wont be waiting for it this end
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Karen x
All the very best to you in you new life, i hope you will be very happy,it will be stressfull at first but just take 1 day at a time, you will get there. Denise
Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Karen,

Really pleased everything has worked out and you are finally on your way!!

Good luck and hope everything runs smoothly!

Nikki
xx
Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Karen x

Can't wait to be in this position myself!

All the best! ...
Old Sep 9th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

The six weeks till you fly will fly by. As the time gets nearer each day seems to get shorter and you end up with not enough time left to do everything you want.
Good luck with the move to Australia, I for one wouldn't live anywhere else.
Amanda