Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

well, I'm now an unemployed bum...!

well, I'm now an unemployed bum...!

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:39 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default well, I'm now an unemployed bum...!

It was my last day on Friday, it was a bit manaic, as I was there until quite late making sure everything was 'just so' for a hand over. It's in my interests, as I'm actually going to become a customer, so just bailing out was never 'on the agenda'..

Quite an emotional few weeks, I went from 'really looking forward to moving', to a complete 'what have I done, and am I doing the right thing? syndrome' and then back to 'looking forward'.

Work held a surprise party for me on Thursday, had about 50 people there, lots of speaches, and related to the very topical 'immigration tests' recently started in here in the Netherlands, I had to take part in an 'emmigration test' while dressed like Crocodile Dundee. A great send off, before we moved to a pub for many drinks. They gave me one of those Playstation Portables and a load of games as a leaving pressie, but the most touching thing was they gave me a photo album, which had pictures and lots of comments in. A lot of effort, because I had a very international job, and it was sent around the world to many different offices so they could add comments and pictures. It will be a great momento.

I'm flying out via Tokyo, and even though I've left, the office there has asked me to stay over (at their expense), so they can hold a party for me there also this Thursday coming.

Then the Thursday before Easter, my new employer in Brisbane is throwing a welcoming party for me, so seems like Thursday's are 'my day' at the moment.

Now I'm looking at my PC, fooling myself that the packing and sorting out will happen on it's own before the movers come on Tuesday!
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 10:09 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: well, I'm now an unemployed bum...!

Originally Posted by adriang
It was my last day on Friday, it was a bit manaic, as I was there until quite late making sure everything was 'just so' for a hand over. It's in my interests, as I'm actually going to become a customer, so just bailing out was never 'on the agenda'..

Quite an emotional few weeks, I went from 'really looking forward to moving', to a complete 'what have I done, and am I doing the right thing? syndrome' and then back to 'looking forward'.

Work held a surprise party for me on Thursday, had about 50 people there, lots of speaches, and related to the very topical 'immigration tests' recently started in here in the Netherlands, I had to take part in an 'emmigration test' while dressed like Crocodile Dundee. A great send off, before we moved to a pub for many drinks. They gave me one of those Playstation Portables and a load of games as a leaving pressie, but the most touching thing was they gave me a photo album, which had pictures and lots of comments in. A lot of effort, because I had a very international job, and it was sent around the world to many different offices so they could add comments and pictures. It will be a great momento.

I'm flying out via Tokyo, and even though I've left, the office there has asked me to stay over (at their expense), so they can hold a party for me there also this Thursday coming.

Then the Thursday before Easter, my new employer in Brisbane is throwing a welcoming party for me, so seems like Thursday's are 'my day' at the moment.

Now I'm looking at my PC, fooling myself that the packing and sorting out will happen on it's own before the movers come on Tuesday!
What a great bunch of workmates/colleagues you have spent time with. You never forget it when people do thing like that for you. Hope you have a great time in Tokyo and a good future in OZ.

Best of luck