Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Well I'll be off to Oz then.. approx 22nd July

Well I'll be off to Oz then.. approx 22nd July

Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Well I'll be off to Oz then.. approx 22nd July

Just an update to those of you who remember me as I've been away from the forum for a while. I received my Skilled Independant Visa in March 2005 and have finally decided it's time to move and join my brothers/sisters/parents who are already in Oz.

So I've resigned from work and leave the UK on the 22nd/23rd July (flights to be booked). Currently looking at having one or two stop overs on the way and then arriving in Sydney in late July/early August. Hong Kong looking the most likely stopover.

I'll be shipping with PSS who quoted around £3.3k for a 20 ft reefer container door to door. I've sold most of the things I don't want and the only major item left to sell is my motorbike (not worth shipping it).

Have to say eBay was great for selling my "junk"!

I'll be travelling on my own and am looking forward to the delights of Sydney. No jobs arranged, will just see how it pans out!

good luck to everyone still in the visa wait.. and see you soon to anyone already in Sydney!

take care

Alex
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

private benjamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Well I'll be off to Oz then.. approx 22nd July

Good luck you'll love Hong Kong but Singapore is just fab as well - but which ever you chose we're sure you'll have a great time.

We are still in the mad waiting game hopefully it'll not be too long before we get our visa.
But have a wonderful new life.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

Good luck too....mind you ...there's not much snow in Sydney ;-)

Matt Clark

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Just an update to those of you who remember me as I've been away from the forum for a while. I received my Skilled Independant Visa in March 2005 and have finally decided it's time to move and join my brothers/sisters/parents who are already in Oz.

So I've resigned from work and leave the UK on the 22nd/23rd July (flights to be booked). Currently looking at having one or two stop overs on the way and then arriving in Sydney in late July/early August. Hong Kong looking the most likely stopover.

I'll be shipping with PSS who quoted around £3.3k for a 20 ft reefer container door to door. I've sold most of the things I don't want and the only major item left to sell is my motorbike (not worth shipping it).

I'll be travelling on my own and am looking forward to the delights of Sydney. No jobs arranged, will just see how it pans out!

good luck to everyone still in the visa wait.. and see you soon to anyone already in Sydney!

take care

Alex
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Originally Posted by mattvicki
Good luck too....mind you ...there's not much snow in Sydney ;-)

Matt Clark
:-) email sent! Hi there!

There is always the Blue Mountains!

:-)

Alex
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:30 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alex,

I certainly remember you from a London meet last year in March . Don't know if you'll see this, but wanted to wish you "Good Luck" anyway.

Best wishes

Gina
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex Hall

take care

Alex
Hi Alex,

Good to know I'm not the only person going in July on a wing and a prayer! I'm flying out to Sydney alone on July 27 via San Fransisco. No jobs arranged, or even speculative, but should have enough cash to see me through to the new year. I hope that something will turn up by then...

Is anybody else out there heading out around the end of July time?

S
Old Jun 15th 2006, 12:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you Alex
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone!

:-)

Alex