Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welding in Australia.

Welding in Australia.

Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

B McAleese is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Welding in Australia.

I am thinking of emigrating to Australia as welder and have had my skills recognised by the TRA, who have assessed me as a class 1 welder. I am looking at possibly moving to Melbourne, can anyone inform me of what the job prospects are like in and around this area.
My wife has had her skills recognised as a nurse by the ANC, what are her job prospects also.
Any information on these subjects would be appreciated.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:13 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Welding in Australia.

Originally Posted by B McAleese
I am thinking of emigrating to Australia as welder and have had my skills recognised by the TRA, who have assessed me as a class 1 welder. I am looking at possibly moving to Melbourne, can anyone inform me of what the job prospects are like in and around this area.
My wife has had her skills recognised as a nurse by the ANC, what are her job prospects also.
Any information on these subjects would be appreciated.

Your wife will have no problem getting a job even if its agency nursing to start with.
I believe there is a shortage of good welders but you will need to have a squizz through the online job agencies.