Reload this Page >

welders in Brisbane.

welders in Brisbane.

Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:29 am
Legoman

legoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default welders in Brisbane.

Hi to all welders.
I’m looking for welders who have moved to Brisbane, I’m looking for information on the job situation, i.e. working environments, working conditions, wages etc. Any thing that will help me ease into working life down under. Send me PM if you wish, I will reply to all.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:35 pm
Small Member

pienpeas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: welders in Brisbane.

Originally Posted by legoman
Hi to all welders.
I’m looking for welders who have moved to Brisbane, I’m looking for information on the job situation, i.e. working environments, working conditions, wages etc. Any thing that will help me ease into working life down under. Send me PM if you wish, I will reply to all.

I'm not a welder, but have met 2 or 3 since moving here (2 years) and strangely, all are doing different jobs. Seems the climate isn't exactly the best for welding i.e. fumes, heat etc.
There are plenty of jobs over here, especially if you are flexible. Conditions same as UK- very good to very bad- employers will sometimes promise you anything just to get you started because of the skills shortage.
Why is there a skills shortage? Engineering in general is low paid- you get the same pay stacking shelves at the supermarket so the joke goes. 2 years ago I was getting the equivalent of 7.5gbp p.h. programming CNC's.
Despite that, the sun shines 8hours a day (average) and it's less than 1hr to some of the best beaches in the world, so get your PR and DO IT!!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:21 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: welders in Brisbane.

O shit i am in same trade so at least we can go busking together mate