Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welcome to your new home. For Polly and The Bloke

Wikiposts

Welcome to your new home. For Polly and The Bloke

Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:03 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Welcome to your new home. For Polly and The Bloke

Well, thanks to LindyLoo and MrPR, Polly is set up and readily back online. Methinks she's lurking somewhere out there now! If she's got any sense, I'd imagine Polly is currently having a nice long soak in a hot bath!

The day went well. The Bloke and LindyLoo were totally unstoppable! I think they were running on Duracel batteries!! (Forgive me if you've not seen that ad.)

Naturally, we rounded the day off well with a few to inaugrate the place for more to come!

Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:33 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad the day went well and both Poll and the Bloke are still in one piece
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:40 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hey congrats to Poll & The Bloke.....Good Luck in your new pad..

Petra
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news!

I really hope this move is just what the doctor ordered. I've heard enough horror stories about the old place...

Best of luck to yous!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:43 am
maggy

good luck in your new home

Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:47 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Talking Re: Welcome to your new home. For Polly and The Bloke

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Excellent news!

I really hope this move is just what the doctor ordered. I've heard enough horror stories about the old place...

Best of luck to yous!

The old place WAS a horror story! New place is fab tho.

Tony, you've spent too much time in Oz, with your "yous"! Lol!

Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:48 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Happy new House forum warming Hope all goes well,no matter what must be better than what you,ve been through with the last house

Best of luck to you both x

Donna.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

Originally Posted by hevs
Poll and Carl are picking up the keys as i type. As most of us know this is a massive move for them both for different reasons.

I'd just like to send big hugs to you both for your new start.

Oh and please don't kill each other over who's stuff goes where
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good luck Poll and carl
oldgit
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, after a lovely soak in the new bath, I had to come on and say thanks for everyones good wishes, and thanks to both those of you who helped, and those of you who offered - all much appreciated. Lots of unpacking to do but its a fab new house and may have given me a new lease of life!
Plenty of lettuce shops nearby, and still within reach of the Speckled Hen shop as the Girls can assure you - they have now seen the speed I can shop for beer
Tonight, for the first time since coming to Australia, I could actually sit outside OUR house, enjoying a beer with friends, relaxing in a warm evening - no chance of that at the old place, we couldn't even invite people to visit in comfort.

Special thanks to Linda (lindyloo) who not only got the precious computer up and running in record time, but also took it apart and removed 18 months of dust from it for us - an absolute star

Days like today remind me what good friends we have over here.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:03 am
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well, after a lovely soak in the new bath, I had to come on and say thanks for everyones good wishes, and thanks to both those of you who helped, and those of you who offered - all much appreciated. Lots of unpacking to do but its a fab new house and may have given me a new lease of life!
Plenty of lettuce shops nearby, and still within reach of the Speckled Hen shop as the Girls can assure you - they have now seen the speed I can shop for beer
Tonight, for the first time since coming to Australia, I could actually sit outside OUR house, enjoying a beer with friends, relaxing in a warm evening - no chance of that at the old place, we couldn't even invite people to visit in comfort.

Special thanks to Linda (lindyloo) who not only got the precious computer up and running in record time, but also took it apart and removed 18 months of dust from it for us - an absolute star

Good onya Polly ... enjoy!

Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:05 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Good onya Polly ... enjoy!

Cheers mate; and thanks for the sterling work on the kitchen!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:55 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Well, thanks to LindyLoo and MrPR, Polly is set up and readily back online. Methinks she's lurking somewhere out there now! If she's got any sense, I'd imagine Polly is currently having a nice long soak in a hot bath!

The day went well. The Bloke and LindyLoo were totally unstoppable! I think they were running on Duracel batteries!! (Forgive me if you've not seen that ad.)

Naturally, we rounded the day off well with a few to inaugrate the place for more to come!

Bbbaaattteerriiees llloooowwww!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

By my reckoning Polly was without BE for 6 hours! She didn't seem to have any withdrawl symptons in that time; although we were all otherwise occupied.

Good luck to Polly and the Bloke in your new home. I'll come round and visit when the boxes are emptied!

Hope you have bought a new toothbrush :scared:
Old Apr 8th 2005, 10:41 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Polly,

I'm so pleased for you - your new house is fab and I'm sure you'll be so much happier there!!!! The house and street are lovely and the breezes are fantastic!

And you're right about the speed you can buy your beer - it was pretty impressive!!!!

Sorry I couldn't come round today, woke up with hangover coz it was hubby's birthday yesterday and then we were really busy applying for jobs etc - very boring. But I'm sure you made good use of all that beer!!!

Good luck in your new home!!!

See you soon!

Shell
xx
Old Apr 9th 2005, 2:48 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Polly,

I'm so pleased for you - your new house is fab and I'm sure you'll be so much happier there!!!! The house and street are lovely and the breezes are fantastic!

And you're right about the speed you can buy your beer - it was pretty impressive!!!!

Sorry I couldn't come round today, woke up with hangover coz it was hubby's birthday yesterday and then we were really busy applying for jobs etc - very boring. But I'm sure you made good use of all that beer!!!

Good luck in your new home!!!

See you soon!

Shell
xx
Glad you like it Shell, you'll have another chance to come round once we get organised. Am now half unpacked, but had to stop this afternoon when Michelle, and another girl that I work with, both turned up with champagne! Well, we had to sit and drink and gossip on the new veranda, didn't we!!

As for the beer-buying....wonder if they could make it an Olympic sport - that was a pretty speedy run yesterday, and I think the longest pause on the way round was while Linda dithered between lemonade and Sprite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.