Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welcome home Cresta (and your laden ute!)

Welcome home Cresta (and your laden ute!)

Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Welcome home Cresta (and your laden ute!)

I am pleased to say that if I achieve nothing else this year, at least I know I have made a Pommie Expat very happy. I think Cresta has just bought the part of the bottle supermarket in Lutwyche that was left after I'd finished with it! So I'd just like to say, Sean, enjoy that beer.......its worth every cent....
Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:20 am
Badge

Default Re: Welcome home Cresta (and your laden ute!)

what kind of ute you got Cresta?

badge

Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:25 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
what kind of ute you got Cresta?

badge
Priorities Badge, priorities! Its "what sort of BEER have you got Cresta?"!!!
A 3 hour drive to a bottle-shop, thats the sort of determined drinker I admire!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:44 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A 3 hour drive to a bottle-shop, thats the sort of determined drinker I admire!
this made me chuckle as it reminded me of december 31st, 2000, when i was 7 months pregnant with the twins, and i was GAGGING for a bottle of Baileys......other half duly went out to go and get me one, in minus 4 degrees, with snow/ice on the side roads . Unfortunately, the bottle cost over £3000, cos he skidded on the ice and wrote off the car!!! The only thing i said when he walked in and told me what had happened was 'so wheres the baileys?'

Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
this made me chuckle as it reminded me of december 31st, 2000, when i was 7 months pregnant with the twins, and i was GAGGING for a bottle of Baileys......other half duly went out to go and get me one, in minus 4 degrees, with snow/ice on the side roads . Unfortunately, the bottle cost over £3000, cos he skidded on the ice and wrote off the car!!! The only thing i said when he walked in and told me what had happened was 'so wheres the baileys?'
LOL Priorities in the right order there, I'm glad to see!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW Squires Amber on special at $20 per dozen at the bottle shop next to Coles in Westfield Bondi Junction. Going down a bute right now.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:17 am
Badge

LOL Priorities in the right order there, I'm glad to see!
beers go without saying. Utes now are a bit special..

Old Sep 4th 2004, 10:47 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Polly, what did you buy at Lutwyche? What sort of beer? I work opposite the shopping centre so let me in on your secret?

Cheers...... Dawn
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:01 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by dmf
Polly, what did you buy at Lutwyche? What sort of beer? I work opposite the shopping centre so let me in on your secret?

Cheers...... Dawn
Hi Dawn,
Theres a huge place opened up next to the Good Guys on Lutwyche Road, called Liquor Superstore (see my earlier thread about Hobgoblin!) - The Bloke found it, amongst other stuff they sell Hobgoblin, Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale, London Pride - think they had about 30 imported from the UK, also a few french & Belgian ones like Leffe. Absolute Heaven!!! Cresta (Sean ) had been seriously pining for decent beer so I made sure he knew about it, and he sent me a text today after buying half the shop!!
Go across and have a look - brilliant place, though it might be a lottle low on stocks now!!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Go the crestas!!!

PS. you're not supposed to fill ya water tanks with it you know
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by hevs
Go the crestas!!!

PS. you're not supposed to fill ya water tanks with it you know
Sounds like a good idea to me - I'm sure beers better for you than water!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:14 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

A 3 hour drive to a bottle-shop
Respect!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:14 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, but if you shower in it you're gonna smell like a tramp
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by mutant
Respect!
Yep, certainly - and thats 3 hours each way! Thats a man who loves his beer
I notice they haven't been online tonight - too busy enjoying the spoils of the trip no doubt!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

I notice they haven't been online tonight - too busy enjoying the spoils of the trip no doubt!
Oh god!! the thread "don't post when pissed" springs to mind :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.