Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Welcome to caloundra a local guide by a ye local

Welcome to caloundra a local guide by a ye local

Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Post Welcome to caloundra a local guide by a ye local

Caloundra has approx 60,000 population which is growing and is under immense building works at present. it has no rail station but a main road accesablie to the main bruce highway that leads North and South to Brisbane. For trains you must either drive to Landsborough.

Caloundra has approx 5 beaches

Kings, Bulcock, Shelly, Moffat and Dicky. Mainly surfing beaches some that stretch for quite a while so you can have a long walk and some have access for dogs.

There is no real metropolis centre, we have a two small shopping centres, not like the UK and a street that has bespoke shops mainly. it is a quiet place. The gyms are not open late by that I mean they shut approx 8.30.

They have a theatre or cultural centre and many churches for most religions.

The weather is great and there is heaps to do for children, also they have nippers which are like the beach type/life saving activities. also they run iron Man junior, where children as young as 8 get involved with a sprint, run, swim, sprint.

Pubs are not the culture although the local RSL and the new CBX do well.

For renting a house at present for a 3/4 bed with DLUG will cost between $270 - $300 a week.

There are plenty doctors and one on bulcock beach that will bulk bill but you may not get in I choose Dr amjad Ali at apollo Medical centre, they don't bulk bill but you get $32 dollars back from a $40 fee and can see them that day. Not wait two weeks till you feel better.

There are two leagues for soccer all ages play, there is the churches league and the other (better form) league. They take all ages and sexes.

A good dentist is Avenue dental call 5491 1111 they are really good at looking after you and being really detailed.

For buying cars, shop around and make sure they have a roadworthy and make sure if second hand you get a full service on it within 14 days as if there is anything wrong with it that the roadworthy should cover, the seller/garage is resonsible for getting it fixed.

Hope this helps anything else apart from schools, I am happy to help with.

C x
Old Feb 25th 2005, 1:54 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Welcome to caloundra a local guide by a ye local

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Caloundra has approx 60,000 population which is growing and is under immense building works at present. it has no rail station but a main road accesablie to the main bruce highway that leads North and South to Brisbane. For trains you must either drive to Landsborough.

Good on yer Carrianne, well done for taking the time to post that. There seem to be a few people on here asking about S.Coast at the moment, I'm sure that will help them
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Good on yer Carrianne, well done for taking the time to post that. There seem to be a few people on here asking about S.Coast at the moment, I'm sure that will help them
I echo the above.

One question, I have seen the abbreviation DLUG and also SLUG, what on earth do they mean???

I thankyou.....in advance
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:03 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>One question, I have seen the abbreviation DLUG and also SLUG, what on earth do they mean???<<

Double and single!

Good to hear you've settled in, Carriane.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
>>One question, I have seen the abbreviation DLUG and also SLUG, what on earth do they mean???<<

Double and single!

Good to hear you've settled in, Carriane.
Thanks Rog...........errrrrrrrrr............double and single what??

I thankyou.......again in advance!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:09 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Lock up garages.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi sorry for the acronym, I must be fair dinkum Ozie already.

Some new estates are ensuring that most houses have a DLUG so cars are not parked on the road. Most of them are remote also.

I forgot one beach, Golden Beach where most people take their boats for fishing.

C x
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

How r u doing Carrianne?

Hope your trip back to Scotland went well and that you are settled back in here again. Are you still living in the same place?
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Caloundra also has the sexiest travel agent (Czech girl in Flight Centre) that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi tina,

Yes I am great. Still in the same place, just waiting for the housing market to cool down, to get in and buy. How about you ? have you started building yet ?