Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weird Australianisms

Weird Australianisms

Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:32 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weird Australianisms

Getting Pissed : Means Angry
Drinking Piss : Getting Drunk

Fu****g Oath : True as Im standing here
Fu****g Bullshit : Absolutely Amazed
Oh Goodonya : You Twat
Good Onya : Well done

You Mexican : Apprently its a Tazzie thing

<know loads more, but will see what the rest of yas can add?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:37 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Weird Australianisms

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Getting Pissed : Means Angry
Drinking Piss : Getting Drunk

Fu****g Oath : True as Im standing here
Fu****g Bullshit : Absolutely Amazed
Oh Goodonya : You Twat
Good Onya : Well done

You Mexican : Apprently its a Tazzie thing

<know loads more, but will see what the rest of yas can add?
Lol Timber. Very funny & never thought of it this way..... but you're right

Errrr can't think of any more though

And what does Mexican mean

Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:39 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Lol Timber. Very funny & never thought of it this way..... but you're right

Errrr can't think of any more though

And what does Mixican mean

hahaha Mexican is derogitory term for a tasmanian !!

Just as sheepshagger is derogitory for a Kiwi.

I work with Both and its like being in a disney cartoon , hearing OI POM MEXICAN AND SHEEPSHAGGER all day !

In Fact being a Pom, titles me to the obligatory definition and Title of U Pommy Barstud
Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:41 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

I heard my first "cracking the shits" used in a real conversation today.

I was also amazed that the word "chick" is used to refer to a women, without anyone taking offence (including women).

A
Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:43 am
Phoenixuk2oz

I work with Both and its like being in a disney cartoon , hearing OI POM MEXICAN AND SHEEPSHAGGER all day !

In Fact being a Pom, titles me to the obligatory definition and Title of U Pommy Barstud
PMSL....aye...Pom doesnt sound too bad really

Whingin pommy barstud is a buggar though

Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kirsty&al

I was also amazed that the word "chick" is used to refer to a women, without anyone taking offence (including women).

A
hahaha I think a lot of POMS will be amazed at the misuse of the word WAN*** too !!!

My mate Marc from Mackay, always uses the word fair dinkum when your explaining something to him, as if to imply REALLY?
Yet he uses Fuc*** Oath when hes implying facts to me lol

Gets confusing, but ya get used to it, huh
Old Aug 20th 2005, 9:50 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by kirsty&al

A
That's a good point. You can't afford to be precious here.

Badge once said if the Aussies sound rude in jest, it's usually a term of endearment. And he's right.

Some of my collegues have started calling me "The Pommie Tart" ......and they actually tell me they like me

Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
That's a good point. You can't afford to be precious here.

Badge once said if the Aussies sound rude in jest, it's usually a term of endearment. And he's right.

Some of my collegues have started calling me "The Pommie Tart" ......and they actually tell me they like me
You are spot on. I havent seen or spoken to ONE miserable or nasty Aussie yet.
I think its not a case of taking a joke, its giving as good as you get. And smiling and laughing with it. I love it.

Yesterday, on a building site in Marsden, we were working away, and cops did the usual sneaky barstud hiding in the bushes thing, to see if you go that 1 k over .
Pulled this young guy, and made him remove his plates, as they were illegally installed in a not to "approveable" position on his car.
He naturally obliged, removing them and placing them in the boot.
The cops presented him with a ticket, all the time the young guy was quiet and smiling, which surely pissed the cops off LOL
They then left the scene allowing him to then drive his car with NO plates.

He shoutd across to us, after he had been given the breathalyser etc, in a pommie accent saying, FFS ITS A RENTAL CAR !! I go back to Liverpool Wednesday !!

We absolutley pissed ourselves laughin, and he drove off.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the education Timber.

Oh goodonya
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
Thanks for the education Timber.

Oh goodonya

Trust you ya WINGNUT !!! LOL
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

you need one of these for work then.....

http://shop.football.co.uk/store/com...?idProduct=693
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:16 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Having a root .. means having a sh@g
Bees Dick..... as in, he lived only a bees dick away, means really close
bloody oath
F%$k me dead
you're not wrong
ripper

god theres so many i hear on a daily basis, but cant think of them straight off !!! only the rudish ones
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
Having a root .. means having a sh@g
Bees Dick..... as in, he lived only a bees dick away, means really close
bloody oath
F%$k me dead
you're not wrong
ripper

god theres so many i hear on a daily basis, but cant think of them straight off !!! only the rudish ones
Yer the only ones i know, involve copulation and excrement and self satisfaction LOL
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
you need one of these for work then.....

http://shop.football.co.uk/store/com...?idProduct=693
That T shirt would see ya dead in 20 seconds LOL
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:22 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

you nong .... you idiot
crack the shits.. go mental

cant think of any more right now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.