Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is the weight of a pushchair counted in your baggage allowance on flight to Oz??

Is the weight of a pushchair counted in your baggage allowance on flight to Oz??

Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:07 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the weight of a pushchair counted in your baggage allowance on flight to Oz??

Well that is my question is the weight of my little boys pushchair counted in the weight of my luggage on our trip to Oz or is it like when we go to Spain or Portugal etc not counted just put into the hold??
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the weight of a pushchair counted in your baggage allowance on flight to Oz??

Originally Posted by toon williams
Well that is my question is the weight of my little boys pushchair counted in the weight of my luggage on our trip to Oz or is it like when we go to Spain or Portugal etc not counted just put into the hold??
Wasn't counted for us - just wheeled it up to the plane then they took it away to the hold!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:12 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the weight of a pushchair counted in your baggage allowance on flight to Oz??

Originally Posted by Pootle
Wasn't counted for us - just wheeled it up to the plane then they took it away to the hold!
Oh thats good news, can I ask who did you fly with?? Also did you by any chance get it back while you were in Transit??

Just checked ours weighs 8kg and we only get 20 kgs I think baggage allowance!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thats good news, can I ask who did you fly with?? Also did you by any chance get it back while you were in Transit??

Just checked ours weighs 8kg and we only get 20 kgs I think baggage allowance!!
We flew with qantas - and no we didn't get it back in transit! We only had about an hour in Singapore though so wasn't too bad. It came back with the luggage at the end of the flight.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Is the weight of a pushchair counted in your baggage allowance on flight to Oz??

Air New Zealand inform me that it is

Buzzy
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:04 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

We've done tons of travelling with a push chair (our 9 month old has had 12 flights already ) and it has never yet been weighed. As long as you are not taking the mickey with your hand luggage they give parents a lot of leeway.

Martyn
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:08 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Air New Zealand inform me that it is

Buzzy

Well our Travel Agent said today when I booked flights that Singapore Airlines weigh it to, so I have yet to check direct with them, suppose that is my next point of call tomorrow!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:11 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tin
We've done tons of travelling with a push chair (our 9 month old has had 12 flights already ) and it has never yet been weighed. As long as you are not taking the mickey with your hand luggage they give parents a lot of leeway.

Martyn

We've just come back from a holiday in Oz and ours wasn't weighed - it was taken just as we were boarding, we had 12 hours in Singapore though and didn't get it back!

Only problem we had with Quantas was that it ended up in Sydney instead of Brisbane!

They were great though we landed at 5.30am and it was delivered to where we were staying that same morning.

Jane
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

We've flown Singapore and they did weigh our..+ tag it nut only so they knew where to stick it in the hold.
We had it to the gate and during transit at Singapore and they were brilliant.
Didn't count towards our weight

ALso flown Emirates and ditto except they couldn't give it to us at Dubai...we had to get a temporary one from the Emirates office (next to Gate 22) for the stop over and they were generally rubbish compared to Singapore...

Matt

Well our Travel Agent said today when I booked flights that Singapore Airlines weigh it to, so I have yet to check direct with them, suppose that is my next point of call tomorrow!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:19 pm
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by mattvicki
We've flown Singapore and they did weigh our..+ tag it nut only so they knew where to stick it in the hold.
We had it to the gate and during transit at Singapore and they were brilliant.
Didn't count towards our weight

ALso flown Emirates and ditto except they couldn't give it to us at Dubai...we had to get a temporary one from the Emirates office (next to Gate 22) for the stop over and they were generally rubbish compared to Singapore...

Matt

Oh that is good news!! I was a bit worried about not having it in Transit at Singapore!! Thank you for that!! We already have 3 buggies so wasnt really wanting to buy a new one in Oz!!