Wikiposts

Weetabix

Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:38 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Weetabix

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Going on about breakfast food has just reminded me of one that i tried last time I was over; Chocolate with nuts I think it was, but can't remember the name now. Tempting to ask someone to send me over a case
Hi ABCDiamond,

Just a quick question... I thought we were not allowed to bring food into Australia?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:47 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sunchaser
Hi ABCDiamond,

Just a quick question... I thought we were not allowed to bring food into Australia?
Some foods you can, some you can't. Not sure which category Weetabix comes into.

Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi ABCDiamond,

My mum sent me some dried foods the other day, it was inspected through customs but got through fine. She also sent me some Thorntons, this wasnt opened at all. Apparently she sent them on the same day (she thought I might be homesick for them ) and the stuff that was opened took about 5 days longer to get here.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:56 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Some foods you can, some you can't. Not sure which category Weetabix comes into.
It's the Grape Nuts I'd be bringing!! That's what I'm gonna miss
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:20 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

I have bought Weetabix (the proper stuff!) from BiLo at Lutwyche - $6. I keep them for a special treat ! The kids aren't allowed them as they are happy to eat the aussie rubbish!!

Cheers, Dawn
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gryff
Afraid my 7 yr old notices big style...he hates Aussie weet-bix.
He's not the only one. Came out to Aus 7 years ago and my husband saw weetbix Mmmmmm. Only used them for one breakfast then we went to feed the birds in the park.

Even the Ibis ran away!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:44 am
ABCDiamond

I'll have to check my Local Bilo (Victoria Point) in the morning,
Yep, Victoria Point BiLo has them too. $5.99 for a pack of 24
Quite pricey compared to Weet-Bix.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:54 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ABCDiamond,

You have to declare all food stuffs. Customs will decide if it is OK. Generally processed foods are OK.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

I GOT SOME.......hurrah.....the last 2 packets on the shelf...there must have been a rush for them!

Thank u everyone for all ur help...can't wait to get him home from school to show him...might even wrap them up as a belated birthday pressie!

I even got myself some Colmans Mint Sauce.....baby lambs here i come!

oh MrsDB the price was $24.99 for a small block of cheese....oh sadness....cheshire cheese is for treats only now!!!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:20 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hi ABCDiamond,

Tins are generally ok, meat is a no no. Dairy produce is also a no no. All fresh food such as veggies,fruit etc - no. Nuts- no

Not really sure about cereals and noodles. I thought you couldn't going by the leaflet they give you in the airport , but yet there are shops here which sell Brit cereals, and there's an online shop that sells pot noodles... not sure ( it's on the check list at customs site, below)

Crisps, choc are ok. I brought in tinned laverbread (seaweed)when I went home for a trip and that's ok too. So tinned veggies would be ok. Instant Curry sauce I also brought in ( Bisto tubs of it)

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4553

( a list of food that you can and can't bring in.. all food needs to be checked)
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:54 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I got couscous in the post (I know its a strange one ) and I didnt think this would have been allowed through, but it was okayed by quarantine.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:58 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
Instant Curry sauce I also brought in ( Bisto tubs of it)

Is that the Chip Shop Curry Sauce? I'd love a tub of that, think I'll put it on the Christmas List along with Paxo, Atora and naan bread
Attached Thumbnails Weetabix-curry-sauce.jpg  

Last edited by jayr; Aug 19th 2004 at 2:00 pm. Reason: adding picture
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:59 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I got couscous in the post (I know its a strange one ) and I didnt think this would have been allowed through, but it was okayed by quarantine.
Couscous?

Where from? Was it a special brand? flavour?
Weird.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:38 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Couscous?

Where from? Was it a special brand? flavour?
Weird.

Flavour.

I was living with my parents whilst sorting out my visa before I came back out here. I think my mum is gradually going to send me all the food I left there (that she doesnt eat) over
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:44 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jayr
Is that the Chip Shop Curry Sauce? I'd love a tub of that, think I'll put it on the Christmas List along with Paxo, Atora and naan bread
Yes I brought in about 6, or 8 tubs of it..lol

I'm on last tub of it .. so I'll have to try and get the rellies to send some over to me. It's a bit mild though,so I add a bit curry powder to it... yum

Last edited by Ceri; Aug 19th 2004 at 2:50 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.