Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weekly meets in North West Sydney (Mean Fiddler Pub)

Weekly meets in North West Sydney (Mean Fiddler Pub)

Old Feb 19th 2007, 6:22 am
Mark and T

geordie@oz will become famous soon enough
Default Weekly meets in North West Sydney (Mean Fiddler Pub)

HI Folks ,
How you doing, just a note to say that a bunch of us POMS and Irish folk get together and have a bit craic and listen some real good Irish music, as well as blether every Sunday night at the Mean Fiddler Pub - located just outside of Kellyville, North West Sydney (40min drive from the city). It’s also a chance to get some Black Pudding, White Pudding, Gammon Steaks, Irish Sausages (they are SO nice), as well as Ambrosia Cream Rice and a few more bits from the UK. Paul the butcher has a wee tasting session whilst you have a 'Pint' of beer in the Pub. The music is a great mixture of Irish and traditional Folk music as well as a few surprises.

We have been going along for a few months now and found the welcome great... so if you wanna meet a few folk from back home and enjoy a really good night check us out at the Mean Fiddler pub every Sunday and Wednesday might from 5pm.

If you would like any further information or would like to meet up with us please drop me a line and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers
Geordie - Mark & Scottish-Teresa
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekly meets in North West Sydney (Mean Fiddler Pub)

Sounds like good fun! Wish I could make it.....maybe one day!!

Love

Rudi
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Hay2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie@oz
HI Folks ,
How you doing, just a note to say that a bunch of us POMS and Irish folk get together and have a bit craic and listen some real good Irish music, as well as blether every Sunday night at the Mean Fiddler Pub - located just outside of Kellyville, North West Sydney (40min drive from the city). It’s also a chance to get some Black Pudding, White Pudding, Gammon Steaks, Irish Sausages (they are SO nice), as well as Ambrosia Cream Rice and a few more bits from the UK. Paul the butcher has a wee tasting session whilst you have a 'Pint' of beer in the Pub. The music is a great mixture of Irish and traditional Folk music as well as a few surprises.

We have been going along for a few months now and found the welcome great... so if you wanna meet a few folk from back home and enjoy a really good night check us out at the Mean Fiddler pub every Sunday and Wednesday might from 5pm.

If you would like any further information or would like to meet up with us please drop me a line and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers
Geordie - Mark & Scottish-Teresa
Hey,

Just having a look on here. We're moving out to Sydney in June and will deffinitely be up for this if it's still going! Always good to meet new people in a new city.....

Have a good weekend

T
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

ozyjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,
Just found this thread, we are a family of 4 living in Rouse Hill. Have 2 daughters 2 and 4.

Mean Fiddler is on our door step.

Do you go every Sunday?

Do any of you have kids or is it just an adult thing?

How will we recognise you?

Jo & Stu
Old Apr 11th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo

I'm just hijacking a bit here......

I don't go to the Mean Fiddler meets, but I live not far from you. I usually go to the FTC meets, but I can't make the one next Monday. If you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime then send me a PM. I'll be back in action once the schools go back.

Hope to meet you soon

Love

Rudi
x
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

ozyjo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rudi,
Thats great. I have PM you.

Jo