Reload this Page >

Weekend in Port Stephens area

Wikiposts

Weekend in Port Stephens area

Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

bobinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weekend in Port Stephens area

We're going for the weekend. Can anyone recommend good operators for Quad biking on the dunes, seeing the dolphins/whales and Scuba? Anything else recommended?

Went to Blue Mountains last weekend. What a beautiful area and if you are up for riding would definitely recommend Werriberri Trail Rides - http://www.bluemts.com.au/werriberri/

Cheers,
Bob
Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:17 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Weekend in Port Stephens area

Originally posted by bobinoz
We're going for the weekend. Can anyone recommend good operators for Quad biking on the dunes, seeing the dolphins/whales and Scuba? Anything else recommended?

Went to Blue Mountains last weekend. What a beautiful area and if you are up for riding would definitely recommend Werriberri Trail Rides - http://www.bluemts.com.au/werriberri/

Cheers,
Bob
I used to live that way (Newcastle) and spent a lot of my weekends going to Nelson Bay/Port Stephens - it's a beautiful place. Dolphin trips do not need to be pre- booked , turn up on the day. Or, if you want to see them from the land just sit on Nelson bay breakwall during the evening/night they come in close to the land.

If you are into fishing, or walking taking in the scenery etc - take a walk/climb around Tomaree - park outside the "mental" hospital/home houses and walk through the grounds (they don't mind). There's some old army gun barracks and stuff up on the rocks .This is one of the few places that you can if lucky can catch Cobia and Marlin from the land, too late in the year though now. But extremely good fishing - straight into very deep water.

I have a few photo's of that area, dolphins from the land, and fish pics including a cobia I caught land based from there ,etc - but haven't got them on this computer (in work at the moment)

Very beautiful place, lucky g*t. I'd much prefer to be living that way again than here in Brisbane

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 4th 2003 at 5:32 pm.