Reload this Page >

Weekend Plans for comrads in warmer climates

Weekend Plans for comrads in warmer climates

Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:26 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

EEL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weekend Plans for comrads in warmer climates

As I was cranking up the central heating and contemplating the freezing weather forecast for the weekend, I started to wonder what the lucky buggers on the warmer side of the world had planned for the weekend.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:33 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Weekend Plans for comrads in warmer climates

Originally posted by EEL
As I was cranking up the central heating and contemplating the freezing weather forecast for the weekend, I started to wonder what the lucky buggers on the warmer side of the world had planned for the weekend.
It is actually blissfully cooler this weekend (24C) so flat hunting and there is an exhibition about ManRay at the Art Gallery of NSW. The recent rain has put me off going into the water.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by EEL

Well as its finally cooled to a temp where you can get outside, we have been invited to (droan) 5 BBQ's. Trust me mind numbingly boring after a while here Might take the dog for a run on the beach tho, sand should no longer be at hot glass temps. Sunday will be spent cleaning the pool, mowing the large yards and doing the large housework. Paradise umm
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:37 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

Originally posted by bondipom
It is actually blissfully cooler this weekend (24C) so flat hunting and there is an exhibition about ManRay at the Art Gallery of NSW. The recent rain has put me off going into the water.

You've changed your picture! Is that Agro?
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Now the heatwave is over the weather is just about perfect here on the Sunshine coast ( 80k N of Brisbane). Around 29ctoday and 22c in the evening, which is just right.

We plan to drive inland to the stunning Glasshouse mountains and a beautiful area called Maleny. In the evening we are going to a neighbours barbie, where we willl have a few bevvies, a laugh and then walk 2 steps home to bed!!

Tomorrow we will drive the 2 min journey to oneof the many beautiful beaches around here. We will stop off at Dominoes where you can buy any large pizza for $5.50 all weekend!! Heaps cheaper than Uk price. Buy a couple and take them down to the beach where you can sit on a picnic tale and gaze at the view. The kids will have a swim then play for hours on one of the big playgrounds on the beach.

So much more to do here because of the weather and most thngs are free or cheap. My 13 yr old went to a monthly organised disco yesterday and had a ball. We went out for a few bevvies with friends again last night. And we have another bbq lined up for next weekend!! It has been easy for us to make friends out here and my son is Mr Popular at school as he is English!!!!

I am so glad we are here. One of my new friends is English and has been here for 3 1/2 years she loves it tooand has no desire to go back.

Cheerup all, I know how you feel it is along wait but will be worh it in the end.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:40 pm
EEL
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tinaj
Now the heatwave is over the weather is just about perfect here on the Sunshine coast ( 80k N of Brisbane). Around 29ctoday and 22c in the evening, which is just right.

We plan to drive inland to the stunning Glasshouse mountains and a beautiful area called Maleny. In the evening we are going to a neighbours barbie, where we willl have a few bevvies, a laugh and then walk 2 steps home to bed!!

Tomorrow we will drive the 2 min journey to oneof the many beautiful beaches around here. We will stop off at Dominoes where you can buy any large pizza for $5.50 all weekend!! Heaps cheaper than Uk price. Buy a couple and take them down to the beach where you can sit on a picnic tale and gaze at the view. The kids will have a swim then play for hours on one of the big playgrounds on the beach.

So much more to do here because of the weather and most thngs are free or cheap. My 13 yr old went to a monthly organised disco yesterday and had a ball. We went out for a few bevvies with friends again last night. And we have another bbq lined up for next weekend!! It has been easy for us to make friends out here and my son is Mr Popular at school as he is English!!!!

I am so glad we are here. One of my new friends is English and has been here for 3 1/2 years she loves it tooand has no desire to go back.

Cheerup all, I know how you feel it is along wait but will be worh it in the end.
Sounds great!

Spare a thought for those of us stuck scrapping the ice off our windscreens this weekend.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

Originally posted by EEL
well, its cooled down a bit this weekend to a very comfortable 28 degrees(ish)
hubby al is on the golf course and when he returns we will probably go into coolangatta, sit and read the papers over some lunch, maybe at the surf club, then take a swim perhaps, generally have a lazy day. tonight we are meeting a couple from sutton coldfield who have been travelling in oz since november in a camper. they are down at kingscliff, we bumped into them at the bowls club last night and they heard our accents. (we are also from birmingham!) tomorrow, first up to the carrara markets for a mooch then probably take the tinnie up the river and do a bit of fishing, swimming etc. then we meet up with pals for a barbie at the creek in the afternoon, (last night won a stack of meat at the club - 3 prizes!) so it will be t.bone and lamb chops and snags!
it was funny meeting those two last night because only the week before we met another sutton couple who have been here a few years. we don't seek out fellow brits but it just happens!
hope its not too cold wherevr you are! have a good weekend!
karen
Old Feb 27th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by tinaj

What part of the Sunshine coast are you on ??
Old Feb 27th 2004, 9:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a theme here. It is cooler so we can do stuff.

TinaJ eat too much of that Dominoes you might need to drink some prune juice.