Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weekend break in NSW

Weekend break in NSW

Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Question Weekend break in NSW

Can anyone think of a weekend destination apart from the Blue Mountains and Jervis Bay but a similar distance from Sydney that I could go to soon....? It would need to have walking areas preferrably close to the coast to go do kayaking etc....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:31 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Weekend break in NSW

Hawkesbury River
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:53 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Can anyone think of a weekend destination apart from the Blue Mountains and Jervis Bay but a similar distance from Sydney that I could go to soon....? It would need to have walking areas preferrably close to the coast to go do kayaking etc....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Nelsons Bay comes to mind. On a good run you can get there in 3 hours.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 3:46 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, nelson bay. There's a company that will take you kayaking or if you've got your'e own stuff, there's stacks of places to go there.

Paul.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

An alternative to Nelson Bay (as much as I love the bay) would be Lake Macquarie - the east side is close to the surf for sea kayaking or you can go on the lake. Only 2 hours up the road. Its not really a holiday destination area but I hear Raffertys Resort is a quite nice place to stay - don't know how much though - sorry.

Julie
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:37 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

The Entrance, I am actually another Nelsons Bay fan. And I like Newcastle as well, which means an easy trip drive into the lower Hunter Valley for the wine tasting.

But anyway if you do not want to go all the way up The Entrance and a few places round there are good fun for a short trip. The kids spent an age fishing on the sandbars and we enjoyed the pelicans.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 7:29 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sandra
The Entrance, I am actually another Nelsons Bay fan. And I like Newcastle as well, which means an easy trip drive into the lower Hunter Valley for the wine tasting.

But anyway if you do not want to go all the way up The Entrance and a few places round there are good fun for a short trip. The kids spent an age fishing on the sandbars and we enjoyed the pelicans.
what about Kangeroo valley, there is organised kayaking there too
Old Aug 15th 2005, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Macquarie
An alternative to Nelson Bay (as much as I love the bay) would be Lake Macquarie - the east side is close to the surf for sea kayaking or you can go on the lake. Only 2 hours up the road. Its not really a holiday destination area but I hear Raffertys Resort is a quite nice place to stay - don't know how much though - sorry.

Julie
Well....we booked for Lake Macquarie off Ozstays....a great place for $900 for 6 people...look fab and can't wait for this weekend! Thanks for all the ideas...will keep them for the next weekend away next month!!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2005, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Well....we booked for Lake Macquarie off Ozstays....a great place for $900 for 6 people...look fab and can't wait for this weekend! Thanks for all the ideas...will keep them for the next weekend away next month!!!!!

Oh no!!!! Now I'm going to worry that you hate it and will blame me for your lousy weekend!!!!!!

Hope you have a lovely time - what area are you staying in?

Julie