British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   A week to go now........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/week-go-now-366768/)

mackinnon Apr 10th 2006 6:56 pm

A week to go now........

............and I can honestly say I am not excited.

Different strokes for different folks.

It is sad saying goodbye to people, even if it is just for 5 years, with hopefully a U.K. holiday inbetween, but still sad.

At least one good thing has come out of it, some of the more quiet & unassuming amongst my friends & relatives have really came to the fore with their help & time, which in both cases was not asked for first.

This going away business is at least a good "friend-sieve."

possoms Apr 10th 2006 7:03 pm

Re: A week to go now........

Originally Posted by mackinnon

It is sad saying goodbye to people, even if it is just for 5 years, with hopefully a U.K. holiday inbetween, but still sad.

At least one good thing has come out of it, some of the more quiet & unassuming amongst my friends & relatives have really came to the fore with their help & time, which in both cases was not asked for first.

well all the best of luck Mackinnon, keep us posted on Tas and I hope you feel different when you get there :)

Luma Apr 10th 2006 7:05 pm

Good luck will you final preparations. And all the best for the years ahead.

Juliecabs Apr 10th 2006 10:51 pm

I'm not excited either even though I've still got just under 5 months to go. I can't seem to muster up any enthusiasm to do anything :(

Good Luck with your move :)
Julie. x

Hutch Apr 10th 2006 11:08 pm

It's weird. I'm not excited about you going either.

Juliecabs Apr 10th 2006 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
It's weird. I'm not excited about you going either.

You talking to me Hutch, or Mackinnon :rolleyes: :p :D

Julie. x