Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Where should the Bundies get married?
UK wedding, probably Cambridge
80.85%
Nundle, NSW (our *other* home)
19.15%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Wedding Dilemma

Old May 31st 2004, 7:12 pm
owieb

Originally posted by Simone
Ah, but you already did :
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=wedding+park

Lovely, lovely pics!
Those were just snaps that various people took!

These are the 'official' ones, with exclusive behind the scenes shots and previously unseen footage!!

Plus it's presented in a magazine/book style rather than a traditional photo album!

Old May 31st 2004, 9:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb
Those were just snaps that various people took!

These are the 'official' ones, with exclusive behind the scenes shots and previously unseen footage!!

Plus it's presented in a magazine/book style rather than a traditional photo album!
Well, come on then

Someone of our Dutch forum posted a link to her wedding pics in John Forrest NP:
http://members.home.nl/veronique23/
They walked for 10 km's to find a nice spot first

In one of the texts it says: "A Kookaburra pooped on the guy, the Australians present said it was good luck, yeah right" ()
And they also had a BBQ in the evening
Old May 31st 2004, 9:26 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, blimey, so much information!

We're sticking with Plan A for the moment: getting married in Cambridge, honeymoon en route, blessing in Nundle. Seems the most practical plan as well as the one that suits us best. I always sort of thought I'd end up getting married in Cambridge (before I met Mr B and Nundle entered the equation).

The only thing that would scupper this is there not being a free date next summer!

Mr B spoke to his uncle and aunt last night and they had already planned to come over before we left the UK. His aunts on his mother's side are coming over for another family function anyway. Some of his mates have muttered about coming over and one of my best mates (for whom I was bridesmaid in Sydney in Nov) reckons she will come over to return the favour! Just leaves Mr B's dad...he came over 2 years ago and I doubt he could afford to come back. Neither of us are bothered about his stepmum and would sooner she stayed away. His real mum died when he was young, but she was a pom, so somehow it seems all the more right to get married in the UK.

So, things are whirling ahead. Mr B is asking about dates today. Can't believe it! Now I only have to sell a kidney to pay for it and we'll be set!

WBB - Mr B is the bar and cellar manager. if we get married where he works, the booze will be virtually free

Bix - I'm not married yet

Owieb - post away! I need information and ideas. Your wedding sounded great. We're aiming for ours to be a bit of a laugh too. Unlike my brother's wedding which is going to be deadly serious

Teach - good point about the sprog thing.

Simone - I hereby crown you honorary wedding planner!
Old May 31st 2004, 9:35 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
Simone - I hereby crown you honorary wedding planner!
Oh s***!!!
What did I say?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only organised my own, which was one of the simplest ones in wedding history(15 or so guests?)

Does honorary mean I don't actually do anything?

Well, your plan sounds great, wow, going quick now, hey?!

In the planner things it says you have to start with your wedding dress now to, so, hup to it, and post pics so we can help decide

I think the most important thing now is to think up money saving tips!!!
Well, having it at the college is a good start.

Yeah, now my mind is gone blank. Good thing I'm only honorary
Old May 31st 2004, 9:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh s***!!!
What did I say?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only organised my own, which was one of the simplest ones in wedding history(15 or so guests?)

Does honorary mean I don't actually do anything?

Well, your plan sounds great, wow, going quick now, hey?!

In the planner things it says you have to start with your wedding dress now to, so, hup to it, and post pics so we can help decide

I think the most important thing now is to think up money saving tips!!!
Well, having it at the college is a good start.

Yeah, now my mind is gone blank. Good thing I'm only honorary
Don't panic Simone. It means you can just give me advice whilst avoiding actually have to do anything

And isn't a date and a venue somewhat more important than the dress????!!! I'm not a girly girl. Dress hunting is going to be a nightmare.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't HAVE to be a dress Bundy, just make sure its something you are comfortable in, then you can relax and enjoy the day without being self-conscious about clothes.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:46 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Ah, yes, a date!!

Ah, what do I know, I organised mine 3 months ahead....

Do you mean the venue in the evening?
You'll have to decide: reception and/or dinner and/or party.....
We just did dinner. But that's cos we were already having a big leaving party, and I didn't want two(to expensive)

Mmm, about the date, I guess you want it really close to the leaving date?
Geez, hard to plan so long before the date!!!

Dress hunting is a nightmare, yes! Those shops are so chique, they don't even let you look around yourself, you have to make an appointment, and they help you fit it etc(well, that was what it was like here).
I went for a sort of evening dress in the end. Didn't want white, and it was cheaper too. he he

Ah, you've got a lot of thinking to do, but a year should be enough
Old May 31st 2004, 9:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by Pollyana
Doesn't HAVE to be a dress Bundy, just make sure its something you are comfortable in, then you can relax and enjoy the day without being self-conscious about clothes.
Yes, that's very true!!

I also saw nice 2 piece things while looking too. A skirt with top thingys. Evening dress sort of stuff.
Old May 31st 2004, 9:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
I would have the wedding in the Uk before you leave, that would be a nice send off for you both and I expect your Mum would appreciate it. Like you suggest having the Honeymoon enroute would be easy as well.

What a great start to a new marriage a new life in Aus.

Whatever you decide I am sure it will be a fab day.

yep, agree with tina!!!

but i have to say............you sound like you have a wonderful, loving family (unlike my lot), and im sure their hearts will be with you wherever you get married...........

sue
Old May 31st 2004, 10:04 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Oh s***!!!
What did I say?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simone, don't worry - the honorary thing means you don't have to do anything, but you get all the credit when it all works out beautifully on the day!

As for simple weddings - ours must win the prize. We both knew we didn't want the usual parents/hats/politics type of wedding, so had actually considered getting married in secret & just not telling anyone, ever, like a secret Victorian betrothal Very romantic!

However, in the end, we had only the 2 witnesses at the ceremony (MarkMyWords' lovely ex-wife & an ex-boyfriend of mine who's a good pal to us both these days). The other wedding guest was my best girlfriend, who was told to turn up at a certain restaurant to meet us for lunch that day! Because we'd kept it all secret, she had no idea that we'd been off getting married. It was a real hoot when she walked in innocently & I said 'there's someone I'd like you to meet: my husband!!' You should have seen her face....

I'm not into wedding dresses either, so I just wore a vivid red Country Casuals frock that I'd bought in the John Lewis sale! When she saw the pics, my mother made snidey remarks about how Mary Queen of Scots wore red to go to the scaffold Who cares - it's a beaut color dress & I've worn it loads of times since.

BTW Bundy as we were taking/sending wedding cake all over the world, instead of one big cake, we had a baker make us some 'mini wedding cakes', all individually iced & decorated with our names & the date on. They were perfect for mailing, as they stayed fresh & in one piece, & customs happily allowed them into Oz/NZ, too! If you'd like details of the bakers (in Cambridge ) I'll PM you.

Have fun organizing it all!

Anya.
Old May 31st 2004, 10:17 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by anya4oz
As for simple weddings - ours must win the prize. We both knew we didn't want the usual parents/hats/politics type of wedding, so had actually considered getting married in secret & just not telling anyone, ever, like a secret Victorian betrothal Very romantic!

However, in the end, we had only the 2 witnesses at the ceremony (MarkMyWords' lovely ex-wife & an ex-boyfriend of mine who's a good pal to us both these days). The other wedding guest was my best girlfriend, who was told to turn up at a certain restaurant to meet us for lunch that day! Because we'd kept it all secret, she had no idea that we'd been off getting married. It was a real hoot when she walked in innocently & I said 'there's someone I'd like you to meet: my husband!!' You should have seen her face....
Ah, cool!!!!

My mum and dad's wedding is running for most simplest prize too:
Also only the witnesses(2 couples), and both wearing jeans, and a white blouse (my parents I mean, I think the witnesses looked neater than themselves)
And their transport was my dad's motorcycle.
Parents weren't invited, but my mum's parents turned up anyway!

And in the evening they had a party at there house(no cake, but cake isn't that common in Holland anyway).
I'm not into wedding dresses either, so I just wore a vivid red Country Casuals frock that I'd bought in the John Lewis sale! When she saw the pics, my mother made snidey remarks about how Mary Queen of Scots wore red to go to the scaffold Who cares - it's a beaut color dress & I've worn it loads of times since.
I had a red one too! But can't really where it again, it pretty big etc. Shame.
Might be able to wear it at a christmas party in Oz again, though it would have to be a pretty chique party!
BTW Bundy as we were taking/sending wedding cake all over the world, instead of one big cake, we had a baker make us some 'mini wedding cakes', all individually iced & decorated with our names & the date on. They were perfect for mailing, as they stayed fresh & in one piece, & customs happily allowed them into Oz/NZ, too! If you'd like details of the bakers (in Cambridge ) I'll PM you.
That's a GREAT idea! Cool!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

As for simple weddings - ours must win the prize.
We went to Gretna (in the rain, natch), collared a couple from the shop opposite to be witnesses and had a pastie and fizzy pop to celebrate after. Got the nice registrar to take a couple of piccies (which turned out rubbish, BTW ). Had no honeymoon (couldn't afford), went back to work a couple of days later. Can't get much simpler, surely (challenge alert!).
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by wmoore
We went to Gretna (in the rain, natch), collared a couple from the shop opposite to be witnesses and had a pastie and fizzy pop to celebrate after. Got the nice registrar to take a couple of piccies (which turned out rubbish, BTW ). Had no honeymoon (couldn't afford), went back to work a couple of days later. Can't get much simpler, surely (challenge alert!).
Woah! I'm sure you win!!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:59 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy,
My step daughter is getting married next year, so am becoming a bit of an expert about this wedding planning thing. Lissa is so organised she has timetables for everything (even the soup - 20 mins apparently !)

here's a web site or two to get you started.

www.hitched.co.uk (Lissa's favourite site)

http://www.weduk.com/wedding-planner...ng-planner.htm

www.2-in-2-1.co.uk/weddings/planwedding

www.weddingguide.co.uk/

www.the-brideguide.co.uk/menu_planning.asp

One wedding tradition I love is to plant a seed on the day of your wedding and then watch it grow as the years of marriage go by. Of course you might have to wait till the blessing in OZ to do this but I think its a lovely idea.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk of weddings is making me feel nostalgic (and I've only been married since January!)

Whatever you choose Bundy, just make sure its what you both want.

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery (the guy who wrote The Little Prince)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.