Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Website showing actual house sold prices in Oz

Website showing actual house sold prices in Oz

Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Website showing actual house sold prices in Oz

Hi

Have looked on a few websites and google'd trying to find (free) house sold prices for Oz.

There are websites, however many listings have 'contact' rather than the sale price.

Does anyone know of any websites that actually show this information rather than having to contact an estate agency?

Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Website showing actual house sold prices in Oz

Think you have to sign up with RPData to get more recent sale prices.

Here's a free one that does older sales:

http://www.onthehouse.com.au/
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!

However.... this is the website mainly I was speaking of that just says 'contact' rather than the price.... quite annoying!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OneSmallVoice
Cheers!

However.... this is the website mainly I was speaking of that just says 'contact' rather than the price.... quite annoying!
I click the Sold Prices tab at the top and then enter my Brisbane postcode and it shows quite a few sales in the area...not the very latest though.

Maybe your state doesn't provide the data...are you in Vic as think they have different rules...
Old Jul 21st 2012, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I phone my bank manager who has RPdata on his phone
Old Jul 21st 2012, 3:43 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Yes RPData collect this information and then sell it onto estate agents, banks etc. They have a content share agreement with realestate.com.au so you may find price info there under the 'sold' tab. Increasingly, many agents will not share this data due to tensions over who 'owns' the data and how it is then sold on..
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

http://www.realestate.com.au

has a sold prices tab...
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Most are contact on second look..
Old Jul 21st 2012, 5:44 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OneSmallVoice
Hi

Have looked on a few websites and google'd trying to find (free) house sold prices for Oz.

There are websites, however many listings have 'contact' rather than the sale price.

Does anyone know of any websites that actually show this information rather than having to contact an estate agency?

Thanks
There is no Oz site like netprices or mouseprices that give free sold price info fom the land registry. The main ones used by real estate agents are RPdata and Pricefinder, but both cost money. In NSW (and possibly elsewhere, but I only know about NSW) you can pay a small fee and get the information from the land registry on a specific house - worth it if you want to make an offer.
The info from RP Data and Pricefinder tends to come from agents and as such there are more reliable sources of sale prices, but its not bad.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Why is knowing selling prices important by the way?
Old Jul 21st 2012, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scotty1
There is no Oz site like netprices or mouseprices that give free sold price info fom the land registry. The main ones used by real estate agents are RPdata and Pricefinder, but both cost money. In NSW (and possibly elsewhere, but I only know about NSW) you can pay a small fee and get the information from the land registry on a specific house - worth it if you want to make an offer.
The info from RP Data and Pricefinder tends to come from agents and as such there are more reliable sources of sale prices, but its not bad.
www.onthehouse.com.au has actual sold prices in their reports tab (for NSW at least) this comes from the land registry equivalent so as with the ones in the UK may take a few months to show. You have to register to run the reports but it's free.

For more recent information then I thinks it's contact the agent or pay RP data.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

If you search the area you want then click on any house there is a link towards the bottom of that houses ad that is a link to sold houses in that area, some show a price range, others exact price and others nothing at all depending on how much privacy the new owner wants I guess.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:01 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate

has a sold prices tab...
This is an excellent website so thanks! Down my street I have just discovered that a detached house was sold for $112,000 in 1997, and yet today the piece of empty land the same size a few doors down was recently on the market for $600,000.

Now that is what I call out of control housing inflation.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Why is knowing selling prices important by the way?
If you are looking at buying, and you want to put in an offer, its nice to understand what the recent market has been doing in that area. I know in my area house prices have come down a lot in the last 6 months. The offers over price is usually way more than the end selling price. Probably because sellers are hoping for a high price, but also their expectation is that of prices from 1 year ago. You don't want to be going in early at the offers over price when you could have gone in way lower.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beoz
If you are looking at buying, and you want to put in an offer, its nice to understand what the recent market has been doing in that area. I know in my area house prices have come down a lot in the last 6 months. The offers over price is usually way more than the end selling price. Probably because sellers are hoping for a high price, but also their expectation is that of prices from 1 year ago. You don't want to be going in early at the offers over price when you could have gone in way lower.
My first offer on any house would be atleast 10-15% off any listed price. Also at the end of the day it's worth what you want to pay!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.