webcam problems

Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:29 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default webcam problems

Went out and bought a logitec quickcam messenger webcam to be able to communicate with my best bud in perth,and the bloody thing doesnt work.
We can see my friend ok but all we get for us is a grey or black square does anyone have any idea why this is?

PLEASE HELP

Leanne
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:15 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: webcam problems

Originally posted by leannefr
Went out and bought a logitec quickcam messenger webcam to be able to communicate with my best bud in perth,and the bloody thing doesnt work.
We can see my friend ok but all we get for us is a grey or black square does anyone have any idea why this is?

PLEASE HELP

Leanne
Middle of the night I suspect

I just got one gonna install it and have a go, I'll let you know
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

PLEASE HELP

Leanne
Do you get an image using the Logitech software? From memory there is a 'calibrate' or some such function in the software. You should get to see yourself in this prog.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:37 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Sometimes the image comes up then goes off to the grey/black sqaure and other times the grey/black squarea automatically comes on.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

PLEASE HELP

Leanne
make sure you have the latest version of msn messenger 6.2
if you are running windows messenger do a google search on how to uninstall it cos its a tricky bugger
once on msn run the audio/video tuning wizard in TOOLSbefore you start webcamming

andy
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes the image comes up then goes off to the grey/black sqaure and other times the grey/black squarea automatically comes on.
Sounds like you might have a faulty one then. Or perhaps some other software is interfering with the webcam drivers.
Did you say you had just got it? Take it back!!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:54 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

msn 6.2 downloaded also done the tools wizard,this is also our 2nd webcam took one back 2 days ago and got this one.......
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

msn 6.2 downloaded also done the tools wizard,this is also our 2nd webcam took one back 2 days ago and got this one.......
which operating system are you using, and do you run any independent firewall
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:03 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Just installed mine Leanne and works ok, I did have probs on the last 1 where I changed from 50Hz to 60Hz through stupidity and fried my monitor, sounds like yours is bust, good luck
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:12 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Originally posted by andy thomas
which operating system are you using, and do you run any independent firewall

We are on windows xp and we have disabled our firewalls.
our computer is a 1.1ghz ,120mb of ram we also have celeron inside,the box says that we need xp,400celeron,64mb of ram.
Just dont know where we are going wrong .
Can it really be possible that we have had two faulty webcams or do you think it is the computer?

Between the hassle of the webcam and our lost passports from ahc i'm tearing my hair out, as we fly in 11 weeks and i'm wanting to make sure the webcam is up and running for family left behind.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are on windows xp and we have disabled our firewalls.
our computer is a 1.1ghz ,120mb of ram we also have celeron inside,the box says that we need xp,400celeron,64mb of ram.
Just dont know where we are going wrong .
Can it really be possible that we have had two faulty webcams or do you think it is the computer?

Between the hassle of the webcam and our lost passports from ahc i'm tearing my hair out, as we fly in 11 weeks and i'm wanting to make sure the webcam is up and running for family left behind.
if you disable your independent fire wall, make sure your xp firewall is enabled as this wont effect it and you will still be protected

which webcam did you buy? i got the £40 logitec one which is like a golf ball with a built in microphone. its fine
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:27 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Originally posted by andy thomas
if you disable your independent fire wall, make sure your xp firewall is enabled as this wont effect it and you will still be protected

which webcam did you buy? i got the £40 logitec one which is like a golf ball with a built in microphone. its fine
Oyrs is exactly the same. Sometimes it works then goes off to the black screen.Especially when our friends in Perth turn their camera on. £40 Quickcam Messenger. If we unplug it from the USM outlet and plug it straight back in , it works for about a minute.
Like it says in the booklet "just put your cd in and follow the simple instructions and you`ll be up and running in minutes"
Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:30 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Oyrs is exactly the same. Sometimes it works then goes off to the black screen.Especially when our friends in Perth turn their camera on. £40 Quickcam Messenger. If we unplug it from the USM outlet and plug it straight back in , it works for about a minute.
Like it says in the booklet "just put your cd in and follow the simple instructions and you`ll be up and running in minutes"

I've been trying to get mine sorted 2night, it works fine until my dad accepts my invite for a conversation, then I get the little pictur of me in the bottom right hand corner but his pictur doesn't come up, this lasts for about 5 second then it just cuts out and says the computer I am trying to connect to isn't working.

weird, might help if my dad was sober!!!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:33 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by kala
I've been trying to get mine sorted 2night, it works fine until my dad accepts my invite for a conversation, then I get the little pictur of me in the bottom right hand corner but his pictur doesn't come up, this lasts for about 5 second then it just cuts out and says the computer I am trying to connect to isn't working.

weird, might help if my dad was sober!!!!!!

My boyfriends does that when hes at home because his connection is not always good. Is working fine (now) when hes at work though.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:40 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by mlbonner
My boyfriends does that when hes at home because his connection is not always good. Is working fine (now) when hes at work though.

All very weird, dad is on broadband so he must be ok as far as connectionis concerned. I'm not on broadband until 2moro ( my activation date) but i think the problem is his end. Might be down to his firewall I supose but he is refusing to turn it off.

I can disable my firewall but I have no idea about the XP one mentioned earlier in this thread. Anyone know how I make sure that is activated??

Kala (always confused by computers)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.