Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Wikiposts

Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:40 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Web sites for downloading UK TV?

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am seeing her at swimming in a couple of hours, shall I issue a reminder
I sent her a text so if you remind her too she might spit the dummy
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

Andy_Roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrissie181
Hi,
I think i am going insane!!!!
All i want to do is watch some decent TV like we had back in the UK. I really miss the dramas and good documentaries, ok and corrie.
I was logged in on UKNOVA but because I didnt have a clue as to how to download the programs (yes I did read the threads) my membership blipped out. Now of course UkNova is full. Iv tried some of the others and keep down loading things these sites tell me I need in order to use the site, but still dont get anywhere.
Iv tried the link to the BBC Channel 4 legitimate sites but you have to be in the UK to use them. Bit blinkin pointless as I would watch them on Tv if I was there.
Every time I ask someones advice over here they just say Oh get
Austar. I dont want Austar as i will just get a million channels of rubbish that I dont want.
I just want to know in the most basic of basic,ways. HOW TO DOWN LOAD UK TV WHILST IN OZ.

Please can anyone help me. Im in doonan on the sunshine coast. If there is anyone near by that could set it up for me. I Will pay good money for your help!!

As you can tell Im useless with technical stuff.

Chrissie
Hi Chrissie,

IsoHunt dot com might have some UK programs you want?
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:41 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
All DVD players are different. You need a DVD player that can play DIVX files which means you can play the avi file without any need for conversion, look in your players manual to find out the format of files it can play. You can get conversion programmes but as you said they are not free and they take ages. If the DVD player that is in for repair states it can play DIVX files then you should in theory just be able to save the avi to either dvd or memory stick with no conversion and it will play.
I didn't have much time (or sobriety) last night to play (got my arse in my hand trying to connect up the DVD recorder to TV, foxtel box, PS2 etc):

The camcorder Power Producer software DID burn a playable DVD (but could only fit an hours play on a DVD and took an hour to burn).

But the avi files would not play on our DIVX-able DVD player either off the thumb drive or off a DVD-RW.

As of last night I had a ratio on thebox of 0.006 so it would not let me download anything else. I left the PC on all night and it is up to 0.05, not sure if that is good enough. So it looks like I will be leaving the PC on at bedtimes to build up my ratio, eventually download more and burn DVD's. Hardly ideal. It is becoming a major drain on my time.

So one step forward, two steps back. If I knew it was going to be this awkward I would just have spent a couple hundred $ on DVD's off Cd-wow.biz.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:07 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brian.w
Also is there such gadgets that once you have these things on your computer you can streem them to your tv to watch rather than sit at the computer watching them any ideas on this as said i am new to all this sort of thing

There certainly is, this box from Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...ce=14&doy=8m11 will play media files on your network, or if you add a hard drive to it you can run it on it's own. I have had one for about 12 months, it's fantastic. I have about 140 dvd's on mine plus loads of episodes of progs from USA.

Allan
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:32 pm
A former regular of BE

Sorted it! Woohoo!

It turns out you have to copy the avi file to a CD not DVD then insert it in the DVD player and away it goes. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I stumbled on that solution.

So now I can get an hours TV to disc in 8 minutes rather than 68.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:39 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Sorted it! Woohoo!

It turns out you have to copy the avi file to a CD not DVD then insert it in the DVD player and away it goes. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I stumbled on that solution.

So now I can get an hours TV to disc in 8 minutes rather than 68.
Excellent mate, Enjoy.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

chrissie181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andy_Roo
Hi Chrissie,

IsoHunt dot com might have some UK programs you want?
Hi ,

Thank you, I will have a look now

Chrissie
Old Nov 9th 2007, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Andy_Roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrissie181
Hi ,

Thank you, I will have a look now

Chrissie
No probs - mininova might be worth a try as well?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Anyone needing some pointers on how to convert various movie file to DVD may want to look here:
You may want to search on how to convert those files to VCD, as this format can usually fit a full DVD on a single CD with not too much of a drop in quality.

All-In-One DVD Convert guides

How to convert to VCD MPEG1

There are quite a few links here to some very good tutorials. Where software is required it also gives links to these also.

HTH
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:22 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Just downloaded Azureus and added a show of the X-Factor from Isohunt.com to the Azureus library.

How do I download the show then?? The file is just sitting staring at me in Azureus.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:28 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Just downloaded Azureus and added a show of the X-Factor from Isohunt.com to the Azureus library.

How do I download the show then?? The file is just sitting staring at me in Azureus.
You should be able to just click the link to the torrent file and Azureus will do the rest...
Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Choose to Open the torrent, not save it. The torrent program should then start the download process
Old Nov 17th 2007, 5:10 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom

What TV programs are you after?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:18 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Thanks guys.

Seems to have downloaded ok - telling me it's completed. But in the Dashboard in Azereus, the Play option is not available at the bottom. Only the Delete option.

So how do I play the thing then?
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

itsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really niceitsjustmee is just really nice

You need to get VLC http://www.videolan.org/
downloaded
then You click on the avi file

Last edited by itsjustmee; Nov 17th 2007 at 6:56 pm. Reason: because

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.