Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT/Web jobs - Best place to go

IT/Web jobs - Best place to go

Old Jun 13th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

zenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant future
Wink IT/Web jobs - Best place to go

Hiya

Still at the starting post but after having a meeting with a visa agent decided to go ahead and use his services - more expensive but a hell of a lot more hassle!!!

Anyway what I wondered was, is Brisbane a good place to go if your'e a Web Designer/developer? (my main choice) Hubby thinks Melbourne's better for these jobs???

Any help much appreciated

Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:26 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: IT/Web jobs - Best place to go

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
Still at the starting post but after having a meeting with a visa agent decided to go ahead and use his services - more expensive but a hell of a lot more hassle!!!
Am I reading this right ! ? ! ? !

So you think its good value to pay more for a lot more hassle........your words not mine!

R.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:39 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: IT/Web jobs - Best place to go

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
Hiya

Anyway what I wondered was, is Brisbane a good place to go if your'e a Web Designer/developer? (my main choice) Hubby thinks Melbourne's better for these jobs???

Any help much appreciated

Back on track, I reckon Melb is still the better choice of the two for IT jobs, but then what do I know of these new fangled web technologies.
I've considered Brissie over Sydney a few times but the job market just doesn't seem big enough. Once you're in its' ok, but going in cold is said to be hard.
Have you started looking at job sites yet? How do the numbers stack up?