Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Web design jobs perth

Web design jobs perth

Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about
Default Web design jobs perth

Hi

We got our visa 2 days ago, and are moving to perth in november.

However reality is hitting us now regarding exactly how much there is to get sorted, and the prospect of applying for and getting jobs!, im a nurse so hopefully shouldnt have too much trouble, my husband is a web designer/developer with over 10 yrs experience, but were now now worrying about him getting a job.

Does anyone have any ideas of the avaliablilty of jobs in this field in perth?

thanks
Old Jul 11th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Laura_TheGoose_Davies will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Web design jobs perth

Originally Posted by thebutts
Hi

However reality is hitting us now regarding exactly how much there is to get sorted, and the prospect of applying for and getting jobs!, im a nurse so hopefully shouldnt have too much trouble, my husband is a web designer/developer with over 10 yrs experience, but were now now worrying about him getting a job.

thanks
Hiya - I work in a similar field and have been looking at web related jobs in Perth. There seems to be quite a lot going on. Try going to www.google.com.au and search for employment agencies and web design jobs.

I've included some of the URLs of some I found below.
Best of luck to you both!

http://www.seek.com.au/

http://mycareer.com.au/jobs/perth/it...-architecture/

http://www.jobsjobsjobs.com.au/Brows...th-13-per.html

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/f-Jobs-c...0QQCatIdZ18344

http://jseeker.com.au/jobs/q-Web+designer/p-5.html

http://artmam.net/Jobs_Perth.htm

http://www.s1jobs.com/directory/Perth/
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:28 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebutts
Hi

thanks
Has he thought about working from home as a Web Desiger? Thats what I do and there seems to be plenty of work around Its not a guaranteed income I know but he could certainly do that while he was on the look out. the good thing about web design is that you can do it from anywhere in the world as long as you have a good internet connection
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I expect there wont be any web jobs in perth or they will be pretty few and far between.
Theres some in adelaide and of course sydney. I met an aussie who was running his own web design company from adelaide and doing very well for himself
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:04 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There is plenty of web design work out there and, better still, Oz is a good 4 or 5 years behind Europe in terms of the sophistication of web sites. My missus immediately found herself at the cutting edge and in great demand for her skills. I mean, hop on google and check out your average aussie web site, Frontpage-tastic.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:22 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
There is plenty of web design work out there and, better still, Oz is a good 4 or 5 years behind Europe in terms of the sophistication of web sites. My missus immediately found herself at the cutting edge and in great demand for her skills. I mean, hop on google and check out your average aussie web site, Frontpage-tastic.
Exactly...its ripe for the picking