Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Web Cams - advice please

Web Cams - advice please

Old Dec 10th 2001, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Teri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really nice

Is there anyone out there who has experience of web-cam communications between UK/OZ and Oz/UK?

We are considering setting up a link between ourselves when we get to Oz and family back in the UK (OAPs, real technophobes, I`m afraid - the relatives, not us!)

Is it an easy system to use?

How much of a delay is there between the sound/pictures (I heard somewhere it was 1 second for every 3,000 miles, if so this would be approx. 4 second delay, right???)

Any advice on best ones to use, and any other tips would be much appreciated. Please can you e-mail me at [email protected] thanks.
Old Dec 17th 2001, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

dave66 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you get the latest PC's
ie. one with lots of RAM --> around 256K
a pentium 4 processor around 1 GHz you should not have too much of a delay, you will have a delay but a small one. I have used this between UK and Oz and I get a big delay, but this is because I had an old crap PC.