Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

web cam & skype sound problems

web cam & skype sound problems

Old Nov 21st 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

dolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the rough
Default web cam & skype sound problems

Hi can anyone help me
Iam trying to use my web cam which is working ok on messenger.
I had sound problems with both ends of the audio- so we downloaded sykpe. Now my dad is Ok & can send pictures & sound to me -
but I can not send sound to him at all - on messenger or skype./ both together.
I have had an audio converstaion using messenger & a plug in microphone- So whats happened????????

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Dolly XXX
Please does anyone have any ideas???
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: web cam & skype sound problems

Is your mic muted? Go into Volume control Options and bring up the microphone bit by clicking microphone and check it isn't.
Old Nov 21st 2004, 8:39 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dolly1
Thanks Dolly XXX
Please does anyone have any ideas???
Are you using Windows XP and running SP2? That seems to be the root of many of this kind of evil
Also agree with Brizbound.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

dolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wmoore
Are you using Windows XP and running SP2? That seems to be the root of many of this kind of evil
Also agree with Brizbound.
Hi thanks for your replies- just to check where do i find volume controls DOH- I think that I have done this already, I have not instlled SP2 & am running XP & messenger 6. is there any thing else you can think of to help. My Dad thinks skype is great. i would if i could talk too!!!!
Thanks Dolly XX
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thanks for your replies- just to check where do i find volume controls DOH- I think that I have done this already, I have not instlled SP2 & am running XP & messenger 6. is there any thing else you can think of to help. My Dad thinks skype is great. i would if i could talk too!!!!
Thanks Dolly XX
Hi after loads of messing about I have found that the mic was on mute- dont know why but hurray its fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:39 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi after loads of messing about I have found that the mic was on mute- dont know why but hurray its fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's always the obvious one!
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:41 am
What's happening dudes?

My Dad thinks skype is great. i would if i could talk too!!!!
I do too. I use it to chat to my mate in New York and it's much clearer than a telephone. There is a small amount of lag but I can live with it. Especially when it's not really costing me anything