Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Web Cam for MSN Messenger

Web Cam for MSN Messenger

Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Web Cam for MSN Messenger

Hi everyone There has been lots and lots of good news toaday with a lot of applications being approved Good luck to everyone
Downloaded Web cam for MSN Messenger the other day Works great Great for those people that cant be together Gerard
Old Jun 5th 2003, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Web Cam for MSN Messenger

I use messenger to web cam through netmeeting, with some people I get problems. what's the link for what you downloaded?

Mash

Originally posted by mozz48
Hi everyone There has been lots and lots of good news toaday with a lot of applications being approved Good luck to everyone
Downloaded Web cam for MSN Messenger the other day Works great Great for those people that cant be together Gerard
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:13 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

The problem with MSN messenger is both parties need windows XP to use the webcam feature. Apart from that its excellent.

The best one to use if you don't have xp is yahoo messenger, which can be found at www.yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Pete.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Not totally true. We don't have xp and can connect to one with xp. but we have to request it not them....

Other one we tried both not on xp, they could see and hear us, we couldn't see them. Seems to not work every time...

But better than nothing
Mash...

Originally posted by PeteY
The problem with MSN messenger is both parties need windows XP to use the webcam feature. Apart from that its excellent.

The best one to use if you don't have xp is yahoo messenger, which can be found at www.yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Pete.

Last edited by mashiraz; Jun 5th 2003 at 9:05 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 7:17 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Ahhh right!!!

I wondered how come we have never been able to get it to work, bar once!! The one time it worked they must have requested the web chat !

Thanks for that

Pete.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

We have also been having problems with MSN meeting and have been looking for alternatives.

At the weekend I downloaded the free software from

http://www.eyeballchat.com/

and tested it out. So far so good and it claims to work with messenger as well, but I have yet to try this.

Regards

Bill
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Web Cam for MSN Messenger seems to be a new addition to Messenger and is not to be confused with Netmeeting It can be downloaded at the same site as you download MSN Messenger and only takes about 30 seconds The screen on which you view is a lot smaller than Net meeting and you cannot adjust the size I think the picture quality is a lot better and is very quick to bring up I havent been able to determine if there are any problems between Windows XP and Windows 98 as yet Maybe someone out there can give us an insight to that one Gerard