Weather wimps.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:14 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by badgersmount
27 28 29 etc feels not very hot in Australia and you DO aclimatise.

Thats why people have a whinge over here - they haven't aclimatised and its more humid.

badgers
Exactly....

Lets see....living in about 30 degrees everyday, you come to expect it. The infrastructure is designed for the heat. And as BM says, you get used it.

Over here, nothing much is air conditioned and the average temp at this time of the year is about 20. When it suddenly jumps to 33 a few days on the trot, you notice the difference.

I've always found "hot" in England to feel hotter than the same temperatures when on holiday.....but only because it happens so rarely over here. Thats also the reason these "heatwaves" find thier way into the press....
Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:26 pm

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by PeteY
Exactly....

Lets see....living in about 30 degrees everyday, you come to expect it. The infrastructure is designed for the heat. And as BM says, you get used it.

Over here, nothing much is air conditioned and the average temp at this time of the year is about 20. When it suddenly jumps to 33 a few days on the trot, you notice the difference.

I've always found "hot" in England to feel hotter than the same temperatures when on holiday.....but only because it happens so rarely over here. Thats also the reason these "heatwaves" find thier way into the press....
Its also got a lot to do with the fact that on holiday you are in relaxed mode, wearing shorts/tshirts every day, swimming etc etc. When you have to wear a full business suit, rush to external meetings, queue in traffic, do household chores and do the grocery shop in that kind of heat its a whole new ball game. Personally, I prefer 'living' in the UK climate.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:37 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather wimps.

Originally posted by dotty
My mum rang today, said it was so hot last week she found my uncle ( hes 97) ironing his pyjamas, asked him why he replied, " "Well it gets the sweat out".

Honestly relatives do nothing for my class cred.
and you wonder why i take the "piss" it must be "genetic....... MM
Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:45 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Poms bring that with them to Australia what ever the weather its never the right weather , the hoards that come off the boat are expecting 25c all day everday of the year .
The weather is a poor excuse for not having a life , as a kid we played in all weathers outside in the Parks and streets and my parents had holiday weekends away all the year round with us kids loving the outings .
Now its lets not do anything the weather not just right , go and play on your gameboy.

sheer bloody luxury, when i was a kid we lived in a carboard box ,in ta middle o,tha road, [ appologies, to MONTY PTYHON].. MM
Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:56 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Herman
Its also got a lot to do with the fact that on holiday you are in relaxed mode, wearing shorts/tshirts every day, swimming etc etc. When you have to wear a full business suit, rush to external meetings, queue in traffic, do household chores and do the grocery shop in that kind of heat its a whole new ball game. Personally, I prefer 'living' in the UK climate.
Yes Herman i agree with you 100%. Its far more pleaseant to work in a cooler environment such as the UK. The past 2 days of 30 - 33 degrees commuting into and out of London was a living hell. People everywhere, everyone sweating buckets and temperatures on the underground that the papers say are illegal to ship animals in. The evenings after work were bliss though. Did'nt get dark until 10 and just sat outside with a few beers and a book.

However.....one thing i liked in oz :

One of my main pastimes is rock climbing. It was really nice when in oz being able to go out every saturday morning and have great weather (yes....i know it rains sometimes too.....) Here in the UK it can be more of a case, of when a really good weekend comes up you find yourself in a panic to get out and enjoy it. What makes it worse is that 60% of Londoners want to come out and enjoy it too !! Inconsiderate eh !!

When your working 5 out of 7 days, and the weather is as fickle as it is here in the UK, you probably only get one weekend a month of really nice weather. The rest of the nice days you tend to see through an office window.

Cheers

pete.

Last edited by PeteY; Jul 16th 2003 at 11:58 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 12:30 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
27 28 29 etc feels not very hot in Australia and you DO aclimatise.

Thats why people have a whinge over here - they haven't aclimatised and its more humid.

badgers
90% of Australians live near the coast so the cool sea breezes take the sting out of temps below 30c , trying to aclimatise to 2c at night in Perth right now , give me central heating now.