Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Weather on the Sunshine Coast-advice please

Thanks Trixy. One guy I spoke to this morning said it rains mostly in Apr-Jun so looks like we have a few more months ahead of us yet !

Everyone coming to the Sunshine coast-do your research : we obviously did not

P.S-A lot of people I have spoken to over here have said not to be fooled that the winter is dry, they used to be but not any more !

Originally Posted by Trixy
Have to answer this. Been living on the Sunshine Coast for 11 years and Summer is highly overrated here. YES it does rain for weeks on end. The first year or two we lived here it rained constantly and flooded us the second year. Then the weather patterns changed and we were hit with violent storms instead! The fact the weather patterns have returned to semi-tropical rain is actually the way it used to be for years. They don't call it the wet season for nothing. Winter is the dry (and windy) time. Autumn is about the kindest time of the year. Anyone wanting to settle on the coast should prepare themselves for difficult Summer weather. Storms or this kind of rain. Maybe a few humid days in between.. Did I mention the mozzies??
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

I saw my blue sky today !!!!!! All my washing is done !
Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:21 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by melaniee
I would like to ask a question and would appreciate if I did not get replies like, go back to Perth, go back to England etc !

I want to know if the weather we are having on the sunshine coast is normal for this time of year ? Does it normally rain this much (please don't send responses, "we need the rain", I know we do !), is it normally this grey ? Or is it the effects of the cyclone/low ?

I want to know if this is a freak year or if this is what this time of year is normally like and all the research we did was wrong !

Please answer if you have been here for a couple of seasons !!
Hi Mel,
I can understand where your coming from regarding the weather. Leaving Perth and all the fun (not)...and ending up with the weather as it is in Brissy, well it would un-nerve me too. It's like everything else i think, it's just having a mad season. You'll be fine
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice

We had a lovely sunny day today to restore one's faith. The grass is soaked but all the tyre marks are drying off.

I don't regret the opportunities Oz has offered and to be totally fair the temperature here is brilliant. You can sail through winter in nothing more than sweat shirting weight in your clothes. However if you are thinking of buying property think seriously about the weather. The storms are frequent and hit hard. Trees near the house or one's that may require serious cleanup if they are damaged are worth noting on a property. Gum tree branches fall just for the sake of it even on a clear day. Check your home is not likely to be affected by flood waters.. the road outside your home too. No buying in a low spot. Don't fret too much about snakes and spiders, you'll get your street smarts about them and most leave you well alone. The mozzies are a problem in some areas and carry virus. It's semi-tropical here and it's an adventure but the day to day living is relatively inexpensive.