Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather NOR V SOR????

Weather NOR V SOR????

Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all
Smile Weather NOR V SOR????

Hi

Could anyone confirm what the difference in weather is between the south of Perth to the North - I have been told that it is a lot more rainy and colder in the South - is this true.

We can't decide where to settle - brisbane is another place on my list (well the only other place on my list!) but have been told that there are lots of jellyfish n the sea and the kids won't be able to play in it very often!!

I am swayed to Perth and think that the South might be nice, but we are after a beach/ activity lifestyle and a newish house - not much on my wish list.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks muchly
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Weather NOR V SOR????

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi

Could anyone confirm what the difference in weather is between the south of Perth to the North - I have been told that it is a lot more rainy and colder in the South - is this true.

We can't decide where to settle - brisbane is another place on my list (well the only other place on my list!) but have been told that there are lots of jellyfish n the sea and the kids won't be able to play in it very often!!

I am swayed to Perth and think that the South might be nice, but we are after a beach/ activity lifestyle and a newish house - not much on my wish list.

Thanks muchly

Nice house near the beach sounds more like NOR...as for the difference in the weather, pretty much the same...can be unpredictable as the rest.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Don't mind bein in land, just as long as we can get to nice beaches, don't want to have to drive for a hour to get to a decent beach!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Rob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the roughRob12paws is a jewel in the rough

We're in Port Kennedy, SOR, and it's been hot, hot, hot today, but with a nice stiff breeze. The Doctor at its best.

Lovely beaches around here - very safe along Warnbro Sound, although jellyfish can be a problem under the right conditions. Same in Rockingham. Depends on the wind/tides/time of year. But very gentle drop-off, as opposed to Secret Harbour and further south where the floor drops off quite steeply.

There is a slight variation in temperature between Mandurah and Perth - around 3-4°C, I would estimate. But no real difference to speak of. OTH, my OH is in Albany today on business and it's pretty cool and threatening to rain, I understand. He took his jacket, which is unusual!!

HTH.

r12p
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Generally, the further South you'll go, the cooler it'll be.

And with a state the size of WA, that can mean a noticeable fluctuation in temperatures...
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:58 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi

Thanks muchly
If you are just taking as far south as Mandurah, Bunbury then there is not much more than a couple of degree diff in the temperature, but if your thing Albany, Augusta, Denmark then there can be as much as 10 degrees difference and you may get a little more rain over the summer. If you go as far north as Karratha you can be looking at summer temps of around 48 most of the time.

Summer/spring goes from about October when temps start to climb and can last into April/May. Winter is wet and cool, were the temp can be as high as 25 or as low as 15 during the day but the nights are very cold.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Take a look at www.weatherzone.com.au