Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather it's never what you want?

Weather it's never what you want?

Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:23 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
and so for those comming with a can do attitude and a zest for life and enjoyment of the outdoors, Australia is your Oyster.

Here they forcast rain showers (mid winter) for Sunday so I ddn't go down the beach.

And why not? I thought you liked the great outdoors. Why did the rain stop you? (p.s it didn't rain on Sunday here - just a quick sun shower)

I hear you but your earlier statements seem to be cancelling themselves out.

Just can't figure out why the rain seems to stop you from enjoying the beaches - I do think you have more in common with the great old Brit whinger than you think you do.

Best time to enjoy the beaches/out doors - are in the rain - less people, and you have the place to yourself
Old Jul 13th 2003, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I find it sad that some people are so bitter and twisted about the country they have come to, yet they stay geting even more bitter and twisted.

They also claim to be doing very well here, but surely quality of life is more important (it is to me) than making vast amounts of money. If I was so unhapply with my lot I'd do something about it, and go back to Blighty.

Well it proves one thing their is lots of money to be made here even if you hate the place, and so for those comming with a can do attitude and a zest for life and enjoyment of the outdoors, Australia is your Oyster.

What is bitter and twisted about laughing about the horrible aspects of summer. Did the post not say Only joking only joking

Laughing here is how you sometimes survive. Sorry but I can see the funny side in everything.

As for money, I am really not sure why you bring it up it was a post about the weather!!!!! Those comments about money could be read as very bitter and twisted too. rolleyes:

Internet postings do not have the benefit of personality, laughter or expression, so why read too much into them.

Last edited by dotty; Jul 13th 2003 at 7:47 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a shame pb i was really looking forward to seeing you on your boogie board!!!!!

Cheers
Karen
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

TimEh? is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't a spell of good weather in the UK make the normal weather pattern all the more unbearable? Besides, I don't think temps in the mid to high 20s is all that enjoyable over there - unless you're on holiday.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:10 am
plumber39

PB-You seem to be taking forever catching that plane!

Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by plumber39
And the exchange rates are so good now for him.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ceri
Just can't figure out why the rain seems to stop you from enjoying the beaches - I do think you have more in common with the great old Brit whinger than you think you do.

Best time to enjoy the beaches/out doors - are in the rain - less people, and you have the place to yourself
Is this meant to be a joke? I hope so. A beach in the pouring rain? I'm sure there must be better places to be in such weather, even for outdoor types.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

And why not? I thought you liked the great outdoors. Why did the rain stop you? (p.s it didn't rain on Sunday here - just a quick sun shower)

I hear you but your earlier statements seem to be cancelling themselves out.

Maybe I'm getting lazy in my old age, but it's great weather here so often it's seems a waste to go down the beach when rain was forecast.

Far better to go up into the Tambourine mountains and enjoy some of the spectacular waterfalls in the wet weather, but didn't feel inclined (jobs around the house called).

As for deserted beaches most of the locals find the beach far too cold in winter, even in 20C+ weather to go their so they are pretty empty anyway.

Don't think I've ever seen a crowded beach in Australia at anytime of the year, sorry stand (sit) corrected the beaches around Sydney (Bondi, Manley, Balmoral, etc) are pretty crowded around Xmas, but nothing like say Weymouth on a sunny summer day.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:29 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber39

Mid August I will leave you to dream from then on , at 3C last night my hovel was no place for dreams.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:31 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sofistek
And the exchange rates are so good now for him.
Too true could be climbing back to 2-1?

SPECULATORS have wrecked the hopes of thousands of hard pressed young families who were desperately looking for a cut in interest rates next month.

Property investors poured almost $6.4 billion - a record amount - into Australia's real estate markets in May.

They also borrowed almost 37 per cent of the money taken out for housing that month.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics figures are likely to worry Reserve Bank governor Ian Macfarlane.

He warned last month that a significant part of the money investors were sinking into property appeared to be directed to speculative purposes.

Mr Macfarlane also told a parliamentary committee then that credit growth in Australia in the past year had been much faster than the economy needed.

Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:06 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Maybe I'm getting lazy in my old age, but it's great weather here so often it's seems a waste to go down the beach when rain was forecast.

Far better to go up into the Tambourine mountains and enjoy some of the spectacular waterfalls in the wet weather, but didn't feel inclined (jobs around the house called).

As for deserted beaches most of the locals find the beach far too cold in winter, even in 20C+ weather to go their so they are pretty empty anyway.

Don't think I've ever seen a crowded beach in Australia at anytime of the year, sorry stand (sit) corrected the beaches around Sydney (Bondi, Manley, Balmoral, etc) are pretty crowded around Xmas, but nothing like say Weymouth on a sunny summer day.
You are joking aren't you? Try fishing at the beaches down on the GC - If I want to do a spot of beach fishing, I have to fish before dawn, come 7o'clock in the morning the beaches are full of plonkers swimming and surfing over your line - or bronzed tw*ts of He men" (He - tw*ts with pot bellies) walking up to you every two seconds and asking "caught anything yet sweetheart" ' and stand around trying to make idle chat- they think they have the god given right to chat up anything in a skirt - bloody bimbo's!

Anyway next time your surfing or whatever - if you ever get hit by a 5 ounce sinker on your head - you've just crossed my line - and I'm target practicing! - been known to hit a sailboard before now, caught him around the ankle with the line - he fell off his board... by the way I'm a fast runner.. lol.

The locals are plonkers - try putting on a coat and jumper - best time for the outdoors is winter and in the rain.

Cheers
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You are joking aren't you? Try fishing at the beaches down on the GC - If I want to do a spot of beach fishing, I have to fish before dawn, come 7o'clock in the morning the beaches are full of plonkers swimming and surfing over your line - or bronzed tw*ts of He men" (He - tw*ts with pot bellies) walking up to you every two seconds and asking "caught anything yet sweetheart" ' and stand around trying to make idle chat- they think they have the god given right to chat up anything in a skirt - bloody bimbo's!

Anyway next time your surfing or whatever - if you ever get hit by a 5 ounce sinker on your head - you've just crossed my line - and I'm target practicing! - been known to hit a sailboard before now, caught him around the ankle with the line - he fell off his board... by the way I'm a fast runner.. lol.

The locals are plonkers - try putting on a coat and jumper - best time for the outdoors is winter and in the rain.

Cheers
Not normally down at the beach at 07:00 in the morn, but when the sun goes down I've seen a few, but if you go to any canal or river in the Uk on a week-end you will see far more fisherman sitting on the banks in the fishing season trying to catch fish (generally unsuccessfully) than I've ever seen down the GC except when their is a fishing comp on.

Bit difficult going for a swim in coat and jumper, would increase my risk of drowning considerbly.
:lecture:
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:43 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Not normally down at the beach at 07:00 in the morn, but when the sun goes down I've seen a few, but if you go to any canal or river in the Uk on a week-end you will see far more fisherman sitting on the banks in the fishing season trying to catch fish (generally unsuccessfully) than I've ever seen down the GC except when their is a fishing comp on.

Bit difficult going for a swim in coat and jumper, would increase my risk of drowning considerbly.
I've never been canal or river fishing in the UK - I've Only been beach/rock/sea fishing there. Ahhh I'm lucky see. I do not come from London or whatever.

Cheers

Ps yes the fishing is better here, more comfortable anyway, plus you can catch a huge fish from the land - something which is a bit harder in the UK, you need to go offshore - Cornwall etc - I'm not disputing this. But you can catch good fish in the UK too - it depends where in the UK you are.- takes longer that's all. And winter you'll freeze your ** off. in the night in the UK.

Try the coat and jumper in the water - you won't drown - I promise you... lol

Anyway - the sea here is actually warmer than the air temp this time of year
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:45 pm
Banned

Ever fished in the UK no I doubt it or your stupid remarks would have had some baring.

http://www.go-fishing.co.uk/

http://fp.xscape.f9.co.uk/angling.htm

Attached Images  
Old Jul 14th 2003, 3:58 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Ever fished in the UK no I doubt it or your stupid remarks would have had some baring.

http://www.go-fishing.co.uk/

http://fp.xscape.f9.co.uk/angling.htm

Here's one of the pic's my friend emailed me a while back- he and his sons fish for tope(shark) every year - in his own backyard (he lives in Penclawdd /Gower) - this isn't off shore (miles out). It's over the flats.... very close in - this one is an average, small sized one - they come bigger. I think this one is of his son's fish ( his son's very first tope pic - that's why he emailed it to me)

Anyway - there are fish out there.
Attached Thumbnails Weather it's never what you want?-tope-gower.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.