Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Weather in Adelaide in June

Weather in Adelaide in June

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Weather in Adelaide in June

At long last have got a date that we arrive in Adelaide, 19 June

Our container is due to leave in 2 weeks and just wondering if I should pack our winter clothes in the container or is Adelaide that cold in June that I will need them.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weather in Adelaide in June

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever

Our container is due to leave in 2 weeks and just wondering if I should pack our winter clothes in the container or is Adelaide that cold in June that I will need them.

Thanks

Nicky
Congrats on booking your flight, cant wait until we can book ours.
We went to Adelaide June 2005 and I found it quite mild with a few cooler days. Long sleeve Ts, light jumpers and cardies and a light jacket. I wore flip flops all year round except at night. I think its a personal thing. Do u get cold easily?
If nothing else it'll be a gd excuse to go on a splurge in Target!! I found clothes to be cheaper in Oz. Good luck
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rach25
Congrats on booking your flight, cant wait until we can book ours.
We went to Adelaide June 2005 and I found it quite mild with a few cooler days. Long sleeve Ts, light jumpers and cardies and a light jacket. I wore flip flops all year round except at night. I think its a personal thing. Do u get cold easily?
If nothing else it'll be a gd excuse to go on a splurge in Target!! I found clothes to be cheaper in Oz. Good luck
Thanks for the reply, I don't want to go over on our luggage with winter coats and boots etc if I don't really need them.

How cold does the temperature drop?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to go over on our luggage with winter coats and boots etc if I don't really need them.

How cold does the temperature drop?
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/climat...=site&lc=23090
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

Can't comment on the weather yet,only been here 3 months but no way are the clothes cheaper here!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Nicky
We arrived on June 9th last year.We stayed in the hills and it was bloody freezing!!!!
However in the city during the day it was quite pleasant - but as the sun went down it got cold very quickly!
I would pack your winter clothes - wish we had!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Yes June can be chilly especially at night, bring warm pyjamas socks etc, and though sunny and dry can still be a bit cold in the day.....
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cant rain all the time2
Can't comment on the weather yet,only been here 3 months but no way are the clothes cheaper here!
Depends on where you shop, obviously not David Jones but I found Target, Harris Scarfe, Cotton On and Jeans West more reasonable than the UK and would be good to pick up cheap stuff rather than overloading the suitcase. Better sales in Oz too although I am going to miss M&S and H&M!!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

The average maximum temp in Adelaide for June is 16c. The average minimum is 8c.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

Oh but alot of the houses do not have central heating or great isulation so pack warm pyjamas!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all your replies - looks like the winter clothes will be staying out of the container.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all your replies - looks like the winter clothes will be staying out of the container.
You will still need to be wearing them in Portland before you go anyway.

Johnnyyt
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
You will still need to be wearing them in Portland before you go anyway.

Johnnyyt
Thanks for that Johnnyt, On Portland today the sun is shinning
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that Johnnyt, On Portland today the sun is shinning
Nice in Bournemouth too. Did you get any snow on Sunday?

Johnnyyt
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Thanks

Nicky
Bring quilts, ready. the uk quilts are definitely better unless you pay allot of money.
June ok , but july and aug can get cold.