WEATHER!

Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool WEATHER!

hi all i wonder if you can help me i would like a rough guide on the weather in the different states. would like to go to queensland gold coast area but heard it can get quite hot and humid there just would like to know what my options were cheers
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WEATHER!

I live on the Gold Coast, (south East) and apart from a few hot days, it really hasn't been as bad as I was expecting. It has been a lot wetter than most people remember though, but i love it here. Yes it is humid but again not as bad as i thought.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

www.bom.gov.au has all the info.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Never bl**dy stopped raining in Sydney this summer.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: WEATHER!

Originally Posted by yolandacharm
I live on the Gold Coast, (south East) and apart from a few hot days, it really hasn't been as bad as I was expecting. It has been a lot wetter than most people remember though, but i love it here. Yes it is humid but again not as bad as i thought.
thanks for that if i ever make it over i'll hunt you down for a massage cheers
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

its bloody boiling here in Perth
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausdreamer
hi all i wonder if you can help me i would like a rough guide on the weather in the different states. would like to go to queensland gold coast area but heard it can get quite hot and humid there just would like to know what my options were cheers
Hi
We've been here almost 6 months, was dreading the 'hot and humid summers' but, haven't found it any different, humidity wise, to a hot sticky day in the Midlands (few and far between I know, but we did have them occassionally ) Average is about 28 -30 degrees - lovely And there is nearly always a lovely breeze too here on the Gold Coast.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flowergal
its bloody boiling here in Perth
Well its chuffing freezing here in Melbourne at the moment. Due to improve to 32 degrees by Saturday.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that if i ever make it over i'll hunt you down for a massage cheers
Awesome! would be glad to
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Hi
We've been here almost 6 months, was dreading the 'hot and humid summers' but, haven't found it any different, humidity wise, to a hot sticky day in the Midlands (few and far between I know, but we did have them occassionally ) Average is about 28 -30 degrees - lovely And there is nearly always a lovely breeze too here on the Gold Coast.
You've been lucky. Coolest and least humid summer I've known (I came it late 2003).
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:28 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

After our first year of being here we went back down to the Sunshine/ Gold coast for a trip and I froze my butt off! It is surprising how quickly you adapt to where you live and the climate. People go on about the humidity in Queensland but then even though I'm in the Far North where the humidity is high we may moan about it for as long as other people elsewhere in Oz moan how cold it is.

Don't forget most people have air conditioners, as do cars, as to shops although we managed fine without any air con at home after the first year. Yes there are the odd days when I think I would love to be stood in air conditioning but again vary few (maybe 2 weeks in the year). The humid weather here is like being in a sauna where as for example South Australia gets that head in an oven kind of feel to it instead and the temps there can run up to 40 degrees.

The weather won't suit some people as some of the places won't suit some people....it's a kind fo suck it and see thing
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold

Beautiful weather all year round here, as we get beautiful summer breezes coming off the water.

Brisbane, however, is like living in a sauna. Their man made CBD beach and their dirty river doesn't seem to create nice summer breezes for some reason.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:59 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You've been lucky. Coolest and least humid summer I've known (I came it late 2003).
Ditto...I don't think Summer is giving SE Qld a miss this year.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think it depends on how your body copes I've found this summer to be no different humidity wise to the last two summers. More rain obviously but I think the saying up until a few weeks ago was "we need it" so mustn't grumble
Old Feb 14th 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Potato_potato

Brisbane, however, is like living in a sauna. Their man made CBD beach and their dirty river doesn't seem to create nice summer breezes for some reason.
Now, now . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.