Weather

Old Jan 10th 2005, 9:43 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Weather

Hi All,

Just curious to know how is the overal weather conditions around Brisbane.

What's the coldest temperature we can expect? I have gone through the www.bom.gov.au site. but I would like to hear the experience of people who live in and around brisbane.

thanks all

Badri
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All,

What's the coldest temperature we can expect? I have gone through the www.bom.gov.au site. but I would like to hear the experience of people who live in and around brisbane.

thanks all

Badri
Not cold enough.

Think we had single figures at night a couple of times this winter, though during the day it would still climb to 20+ pretty fast.
The BOM site is pretty accurate - we live near the airport and the dailt temps here match very closely what they put on the site. However you need to take the humidity into account as well as the temps, both excessive humidity and too little ......
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:25 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not cold enough.

Think we had single figures at night a couple of times this winter, though during the day it would still climb to 20+ pretty fast.
The BOM site is pretty accurate - we live near the airport and the dailt temps here match very closely what they put on the site. However you need to take the humidity into account as well as the temps, both excessive humidity and too little ......
Thanx Pollyana,

The reason behind asking is my wife loves to be in a place where its warm (certainly above 20+ or 25 + )through out the year and humid at the same time I would like to have enough oppurtunity to work in IT field. After browsing we thought Brisbane could be the right place.
If you guys know anyother area please let us know we would greatly appreciate.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:47 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

great site
Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All,

thanks all

Badri
I heard a comment on the local radio yesterday, it was during the weather forecast and it went something like " we just aren't used to this cold weather".
I think it went down to about 18°C overnight and up to only 26°C during the day.

Have you looked at the last 12 months historic weather data on the bom site ?
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/20...0.200501.shtml

In the winter it does get cold "inside" the houses, enough to need a jumper, even though it is warm enough outside for T shirt's. And that is during the day.

Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
In the winter it does get cold "inside" the houses, enough to need a jumper, even though it is warm enough outside for T shirt's. And that is during the day.
Probably if you live in a Queenslander (wooden property)... but if you live in a brick building you are not likely to need a jumper except exceptionally for one or two nights in winter.

Brick keeps you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.... it evens out the temp changes.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jwatsonoz
Probably if you live in a Queenslander (wooden property)... but if you live in a brick building you are not likely to need a jumper except exceptionally for one or two nights in winter.

Brick keeps you warmer in winter and cooler in summer.... it evens out the temp changes.
It gets cold in brick houses too, although maybe not in double brick, although these are few and far between.

But it's the daytime I am mainly referring to, when it is warm outside, yet cold inside.

But then we are all different aswell. I wear a jumper, (although maybe no shirt under it) for maybe a week or 2, but my wife might have one for a couple of months