Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wearing rose tinted's and proud of it!

Wearing rose tinted's and proud of it!

Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Wearing rose tinted's and proud of it!

Lately I seem to read a lot of bad things about oz on this forum.
I leave in 5 weeks and am very very excited (although I will miss my family!)
However I will miss them whilst getting a suntan and knowing a beach is never far away.
Shallow yes. Rose tinted specs yes. Do I care? No. because I love the sunshine, love the beach and love an outdoor life - currently it takes me 2 hours to get to my nearest beach....Skegness. Delightful if you like brown water and women with lovebites.
I look out the window here and its generally grey and raining (ok there are a few good weeks each year)
i've spent a year in oz and whatever the minuses it pi*ses all over the UK if you ask me.
Maybe wouldn’t have said that 15 years ago but I would now.
I suppose it depends what you want out of life but most people that post on this forum know what sort of life they are looking for when moving to Oz and I reckon most of them find it.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:55 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wearing rose tinted's and proud of it!

Nail
Head !!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:03 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Jayne you cant knock Skeggy.

Most of my childhood holiday memories are of that place or Mablethorpe.

TT

Originally posted by JayneS
Lately I seem to read a lot of bad things about oz on this forum.
I leave in 5 weeks and am very very excited (although I will miss my family!)
However I will miss them whilst getting a suntan and knowing a beach is never far away.
Shallow yes. Rose tinted specs yes. Do I care? No. because I love the sunshine, love the beach and love an outdoor life - currently it takes me 2 hours to get to my nearest beach....Skegness. Delightful if you like brown water and women with lovebites.
I look out the window here and its generally grey and raining (ok there are a few good weeks each year)
i've spent a year in oz and whatever the minuses it pi*ses all over the UK if you ask me.
Maybe wouldn’t have said that 15 years ago but I would now.
I suppose it depends what you want out of life but most people that post on this forum know what sort of life they are looking for when moving to Oz and I reckon most of them find it.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Actually I must say I still love going to skeggy and I too spent every year there as a child.
But the sea is not the most picturesque.
And nor are some of the visitors!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by JayneS
Actually I must say I still love going to skeggy and I too spent every year there as a child.
But the sea is not the most picturesque.
And nor are some of the visitors!!

And I thought I'd hidden my love bites with a dollop of toothpaste!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

It will take more than toothpaste to sort yours out!!