Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are we the youngest Migrant couple?

Are we the youngest Migrant couple?

Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

davidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the rough
Default Are we the youngest Migrant couple?

Hi there,

My wife Sarah and I are off to Oz on Monday to start our new lives down under and can't bloody wait........

We are flying into Brisbane and after a few days there we are heading up to the sunshine coast to start...well......basicly everything (looking for a place to live, a car, a job etc...)

I am 25 and my wife is 26. Both very outgoing and basicly looking for some mates around our age and in the area for meeting up....... Anyone out there???????

Dave & Sarah xx
Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we the youngest Migrant couple?

Age is just a number!!!

Even old farts like me can "get down with the kids" and probably carry on after they have gone home.

Hope you get to meet up with some great people, just don't restrict yourselves to your own age group from the start.

Ren xx
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dave and Sarah,
Looks like you'll be just in time for the Valley Fiesta! It's on 12th-14th Sept in Fortitude Valley (City). Me n Matt are thinking of heading either Saturday night or Sunday daytime. If you are still in Brissy you could meet us for a drink. The Valley Fiesta is a big free outdoor festival, with loads of local/national bands and DJs on.

Matt's 29, and I'm 30. We've been here over 3 years now. Good luck with your move!
Jen
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:17 am
Just Joined

davidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the roughdavidleonard1983 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RenShen
Age is just a number!!!

Even old farts like me can "get down with the kids" and probably carry on after they have gone home.

Hope you get to meet up with some great people, just don't restrict yourselves to your own age group from the start.

Ren xx
Sorry, my message didn't read right........ it was suppose to just see if there was any other younger migrants out there as to me there seemed to be a a little older thats all..

We definatly are NOT just looking for people around our age to get to know!!!!!!! Just curious to see if there was anyone one else our age who have made the big move!!!!!

Dave x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:54 am
Just Joined

naomif is on a distinguished road

Hi,

We've been over here for two weeks now, myself 25 and other half Rupert 27. Went to the Riverfire in Brisbane last weekend which was amazing.
Think we might head us to the fortitude valley thing on the sunday if anyone wants to meet up for a drink?
We actually live in Booval so south of Brissie.

Naomi
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

OzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant future

I know a 22yr old and 24yr old who moved to GC recently. That's the youngest I've heard of.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

chocolatedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Altho not quite as young as u both hubby and i have very low mental ages - was wondering if any of u guys are still planning on going to the valley on sunday as would like to meet for drinks/laughs/chats/listening to music?

Lee and Sam
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

naomif is on a distinguished road

Hi,

We are still planning on going on teh sunday pm. If someone wants to name a place to meet in the afternoon sometime as we don't know brisbane well yet. Would like to meet up with some people who have been in our situation before.

Naomi
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:28 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidleonard1983
Hi there,

My wife Sarah and I are off to Oz on Monday to start our new lives down under and can't bloody wait........

We are flying into Brisbane and after a few days there we are heading up to the sunshine coast to start...well......basicly everything (looking for a place to live, a car, a job etc...)

I am 25 and my wife is 26. Both very outgoing and basicly looking for some mates around our age and in the area for meeting up....... Anyone out there???????

Dave & Sarah xx
Hiya

We're in the under 30's....just

And are in Brissie for the weekend next week, 19th-21st.....

If anyone fancies a drinkypoo let me know
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

chocolatedog is an unknown quantity at this point

re valley fiesta sunday pm - how about meeting at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow (close to train station, towrds mall) about 1pm ish? if interested, pm me and i'll give u my number.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:03 am

Nat12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,
We are off to Melbourne in October Im 25 Husband 27 although he has got to study at college first before we can apply for PR but still happy at least we will be there!
Good luck with your move hope all goes well
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Hi there,

We were both 24 when we moved to Melbourne last year from Devon. I'd only lived in the UK for 8 years, was raised an expat kid (not in Oz). Know a few expats who are around 30, but the rest that we know of are older (not that we care how old they are).

Best of luck with the move and Nat, if you'd like to meet up in Melbourne, give me a shout.

Almo
Old Sep 13th 2008, 10:41 am
welshoz

welshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to allwelshoz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by davidleonard1983
Hi there,

Dave & Sarah xx

Hey there,

You ain't the only ones, we moved here when i was 23 and hubbie was 25 now im 25 and he's 27, we live on the sunshine coast, looks like that is where you are headed, we have two kiddies 4yr and 3yr. If you want to know more bout sunshine coast etc p.m me!

KatieX
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by naomif
Hi,

We've been over here for two weeks now, myself 25 and other half Rupert 27. Went to the Riverfire in Brisbane last weekend which was amazing.
Think we might head us to the fortitude valley thing on the sunday if anyone wants to meet up for a drink?
We actually live in Booval so south of Brissie.

Naomi
Hi
My daughter (23) has just moved to Brisbane and I have emailed her about this as she would probably enjoy it.
She is staying with relatives but has not had the chance to meet many people yet.
How are you enjoying Brisbane?
Alison
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by welshoz
Hey there,

You ain't the only ones, we moved here when i was 23 and hubbie was 25 now im 25 and he's 27, we live on the sunshine coast, looks like that is where you are headed, we have two kiddies 4yr and 3yr. If you want to know more bout sunshine coast etc p.m me!

KatieX
Hey Katie, where abouts do you live? We are currently staying in a well expensive apart of marrochydore at the moment $109pernight. Looking to hopefully get a rental this week.

As we are new to the area and we don't know anyone....would you fancy meet up sometime for a drinkl or something? Be good to pick your brains!! haha!!

Hopefully here from you soon

David & Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.