British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Are we there yet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we-there-yet-403096/)

h1tvd Oct 19th 2006 12:28 pm

Are we there yet?

Not a chance!
Can't even get an acknowlegement - waiting for over 2 months!
Sorry about that - I just had to get it off my chest.

I've been nosing around the forum for a while. I guess it's about time I said hello.
So HELLO :) :)
Hubby, myself and 3 kids are hoping to trade in stirling for brisbane. Not much change there then - except the weather, beaches, lifestyle .......the list is endless.
We have no family or friends in OZ so hopefully we might make some friends on here before we flit.
Fingers crossed for some replies!!

neil.b Oct 19th 2006 8:35 pm

Re: Are we there yet?

Originally Posted by h1tvd
Not a chance!

I've been nosing around the forum for a while. I guess it's about time I said hello.
Hubby, myself and 3 kids are hoping to trade in stirling for brisbane. Not much change there then - except the weather, beaches, lifestyle .......the list is endless.
We have no family or friends in OZ so hopefully we might make some friends on here before we flit.

Hi and welcome to BE, an endless source of usefull tips and information.
We live in Brisbane, so if you want any info on suburbs etc, just shout.

Neil.

h1tvd Oct 19th 2006 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by neil.b
Hi and welcome to BE, an endless source of usefull tips and information.
We live in Brisbane, so if you want any info on suburbs etc, just shout.

Neil.

Hi Neil.b or is it just Neil!
Thanks for your reply. It feels good to speak - well sort of - to someone who actually lives in Brisbane. Have been researching on line but it's not the same as someone with insider information.
I am currently compiling my list of questions for you. Question 1473 - any good scottish or irish pubs? (live in scotland, born in ireland). Are you ready for the other 1472 - only kidding! :scared: - or am I? :rolleyes:

Hope to chat to you again.

h1tvd Oct 19th 2006 9:16 pm

oops - didn't finish reading your reply. Now I know it's just Neil!!! ;)

JohnandMichelle Oct 20th 2006 6:42 am

Hi Neil.b or is it just Neil!
Thanks for your reply. It feels good to speak - well sort of - to someone who actually lives in Brisbane. Have been researching on line but it's not the same as someone with insider information.
I am currently compiling my list of questions for you. Question 1473 - any good scottish or irish pubs? (live in scotland, born in ireland). Are you ready for the other 1472 - only kidding! :scared: - or am I? :rolleyes:

Hope to chat to you again.

Hi and welcome

I'm Irish, married to a brit and moved to the Gold Coast last March. Feel free to throw any questions out there. We're all very helpful. :D Whereabouts in Ireland are you from?

Jonahs_mummy Oct 20th 2006 7:50 am

Welcome to BE! Any questions.... just ask!

Claire
x

Not a chance!

h1tvd Oct 20th 2006 12:22 pm

Hi John and Michelle and Claire,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have tonnes of questions over the coming months.
I'm originally a northerner - from County Antrim. Moved to scotland to take advantage of the better universities and never left. :beer:

Tracy

acbh2 Oct 22nd 2006 4:16 pm

Hi John and Michelle and Claire,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have tonnes of questions over the coming months.
I'm originally a northerner - from County Antrim. Moved to scotland to take advantage of the better universities and never left. :beer:

Tracy

Hi Tracy,
Just spotted your thread and wanted to say hi! I live just down the road (well motorway :D ) from you in Linlithgow. Have you visited the meet ups thread us scottish peeps are having a meet on november 4th to just meet others in the same position. Theres a few who haven't met anyone before so if you fancy it check out the "scots going to Oz" thread in meet up section or PM me. Myself hubby and 2 children are also hoping to head to brisbane.
Andrea
xx

herrchook Oct 22nd 2006 7:43 pm

Not a chance!

Hello, we're waiting for ack from DIMA too. OH and I used to work in Stirling (Craigforth), small world eh?

Did you see there's a meet in Glasgow soon? You should come and join us.

Gill

h1tvd Oct 22nd 2006 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hello, we're waiting for ack from DIMA too. OH and I used to work in Stirling (Craigforth), small world eh?

Did you see there's a meet in Glasgow soon? You should come and join us.

Gill

See my PM

h1tvd Oct 22nd 2006 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hi Tracy,
Just spotted your thread and wanted to say hi! I live just down the road (well motorway :D ) from you in Linlithgow. Have you visited the meet ups thread us scottish peeps are having a meet on november 4th to just meet others in the same position. Theres a few who haven't met anyone before so if you fancy it check out the "scots going to Oz" thread in meet up section or PM me. Myself hubby and 2 children are also hoping to head to brisbane.
Andrea
xx

Hi Andrea
Thanks for the reply. You really shouldn't encourage us scots to go to the pub!! Not that I'm a true scot though - born in Northern Ireland but don't tell anyone. I've tried very hard to perfect my scottish accent.
Considering the meet up but it's not easy to get a sitter for 3 unruly devils - my kids. It's also a bit daunting to meet people complete strangers for the first time especially when some or all of them could be nutters (not meaning you of course :D )
Just out of curiosity what stage are you at?

Tracy