Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are in Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:38 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Talking We are in Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone,

Well we are here at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived on Saturday and we're just about over the jetlag!!! Flight was good and our 2yr old son was very well behaved and slept most of the journey - which was great!!!!

It was very emotional at ther airport - everyone except our son was crying and it was so hard saying goodbye - but we're ok now we're here.

Our house in the Uk was all sold before we left which was great coz I wasn't really happy with the idea of leaving it unsold and heading to Oz - although I would still do that if it meant getting to Oz.

We went in the rellies pool within about 3 hrs of arriving at their house and it was fab!!!!!!!!!! The weather is fantastic and I'm glad now that we arrived in March rather than Jan or Feb, coz we can adjust to the heat better!!!!

We bought a nice new car yesterday and we collect it on Monday. It's a Holden Astra with all the extras and I can't wait to pick it up!!!!

We're looking at houses to rent in the Bracken Ridge area and the houses are unbelievable compared to what we could afford in the UK!!!!! Once we've sorted that out, we'll be off buying all the furniture and appliances etc that we need. I'm looking forward to that coz I loooovvvveeeeee shopping!!!!

Captain Michelle (mlbonner) - I've sent you a pm - so let me know if you're in tonight and I'll give you a ring!!! Can't wait to meet up!!!!!

Bye for now.

Shell
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: We are in Oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck out there..keep us posted on how you settle in.

SS
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:48 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shecha
Hello everyone,

Arrived on Saturday and we're just about over the jetlag!!! Flight was good and our 2yr old son was very well behaved and slept most of the journey - which was great!!!!

It was very emotional at ther airport - everyone except our son was crying and it was so hard saying goodbye - but we're ok now we're here.

Our house in the Uk was all sold before we left which was great coz I wasn't really happy with the idea of leaving it unsold and heading to Oz - although I would still do that if it meant getting to Oz.

We went in the rellies pool within about 3 hrs of arriving at their house and it was fab!!!!!!!!!! The weather is fantastic and I'm glad now that we arrived in March rather than Jan or Feb, coz we can adjust to the heat better!!!!

We bought a nice new car yesterday and we collect it on Monday. It's a Holden Astra with all the extras and I can't wait to pick it up!!!!

We're looking at houses to rent in the Bracken Ridge area and the houses are unbelievable compared to what we could afford in the UK!!!!! Once we've sorted that out, we'll be off buying all the furniture and appliances etc that we need. I'm looking forward to that coz I loooovvvveeeeee shopping!!!!

Captain Michelle (mlbonner) - I've sent you a pm - so let me know if you're in tonight and I'll give you a ring!!! Can't wait to meet up!!!!!

Bye for now.

Shell
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hiya Shell,
Just sent you an e-mail as I hadn't seen this. Glad yoy all arrived safe and well.
Big hugs
Sarah
xxx
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:53 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teach
Hiya Shell,
Just sent you an e-mail as I hadn't seen this. Glad yoy all arrived safe and well.
Big hugs
Sarah
xxx
Hard sometimes to gauge people's genuine feelings and connotations in posts - but I can imagine that Shell is over the moon!

Sounds fab and is setting me up for another day at work doing research and getting my CV knocked into shape! Does anyone actually do any of the work they're paid to do in the latter stages or are you like me and do Oz-related stuff?

Rob
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:35 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Shell,

Nice to know you all made it safe & well,

Enjoy your shopping over the next few weeks,believe me youll be sick of it by the time youve got everything!!!

Have fun & relax you,ve made it girl!!!!!

Donna.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:42 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Well done, enjoy yourselves and good luck
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shecha
Hello everyone,

Bye for now.

Shell
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Shell

Great to see alls well, keep us posted on how things go!!

All the best

Sue
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:11 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Shell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear you've got there ok.....I'm not far behind you we fly on the 12th April!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy ya shoppin'!!!!!!!!!!

Petra
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:09 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by artep
Hiya Shell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear you've got there ok.....I'm not far behind you we fly on the 12th April!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy ya shoppin'!!!!!!!!!!

Petra

ooh we fly out on the 12th of April too!!! we are flying with Qantas to Brisbane...
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:10 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

good luck in Brisbane! Envy you being there already!!!

all the best.

Brissiegirl.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:15 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
ooh we fly out on the 12th of April too!!! we are flying with Qantas to Brisbane...
we're going with Singapore.....I'll give ya a wave out the window!!!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:17 am
frozen to the keyboard

we're going with Singapore.....I'll give ya a wave out the window!!!

what time is you flight leaving Heathrow then? we leave at 10pm.. so have a great 6am arrival in Brisbane... what fun!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:19 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
what time is you flight leaving Heathrow then? we leave at 10pm.. so have a great 6am arrival in Brisbane... what fun!
we leave Heathrow at 10.15pm.....and arrive 6.15am too!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

Enjoy the shopping.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:21 am
frozen to the keyboard

we leave Heathrow at 10.15pm.....and arrive 6.15am too!!!!!!!!!

will wave out our window then when we fly then.. and will probably be wandering around Changi airport about the same time too... I really hate the waiting for the connecting flight, I just want to keep going and get there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.