Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are we the only geordies on goldcoast??

are we the only geordies on goldcoast??

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:16 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: are we the only geordies on goldcoast??

Originally Posted by geordies4life
hi we are geordies moved to brisbane about 4 weeks ago from newcastle (blaydon). love it so far we have two children 18 months and 4yrs. my hubby missng the footy and a pint as well. lol. making friends and socializing has been hard for us as well. i know we have only been here a short time but would never go back.
hi there we are only on gold coast from newcastle let me know if you fancy getting together
lesley x
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

Hi yes would love to meet up weekends are probably better for us as i work most of the week. kid friendly place would be good for us as my kids are 18 months and 4 years. where would you like to meet and when?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by snow-white
hi all,
is there any other northerners on the goldcoast everyone we meet seems to be from down south, anyway were in pacific pines anyone up for a get together weve been here over a year would love to meet up for a coffee or drink or barbie let me know if anyones interested
lesley x
Hi Lesley

Would love to say we could join your meet but we are just at the early stages of migration!!! One day if we make it perhaps we will then join your get together. We are looking at P Pines, Coomera areas how are you finding life in OZ? It is so nice to hear other peoples views especially as we have so many decisions ahead of us. thanks Nicky
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

Hi yes would love to meet up weekends are probably better for us as i work most of the week. kid friendly place would be good for us as my kids are 18 months and 4 years. where would you like to meet and when?
hey hey bloody blaydoners...I'm from whickham, been here in Coomera since sept. There's a few Geordies around..I went to a labour hire company and the girl who interviewed me was in my class at whickham comp and drank in the fellsider with me years ago. needless to say all 4 of us are big drinking, bbq and weekend away buddies.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by trevamather
hey hey bloody blaydoners...I'm from whickham, been here in Coomera since sept. There's a few Geordies around..I went to a labour hire company and the girl who interviewed me was in my class at whickham comp and drank in the fellsider with me years ago. needless to say all 4 of us are big drinking, bbq and weekend away buddies.
good old whickham my gran and grandad lived along fellside road . we are living in carina its a nice place close to the city do you have any kids?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:52 am
Just Joined

sheffield_neil is an unknown quantity at this point

I play footy with a Geordie in Southport - I'll pass on the info
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

trevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the roughtrevamather is a jewel in the rough

good old whickham my gran and grandad lived along fellside road . we are living in carina its a nice place close to the city do you have any kids?
i've just put my 18 yr old son on the plane home this morning...devastating. We had a brilliant 3 weeks hol and he's now decided to try to get a transfer from his job in the RAF over to the RAAF. My Mam n Dad live on Fellside park.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:25 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're the only Scottish in Cleveland, Brisbane - apparently there's hunners of us, but i've yet to meet any
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I think we're the only Scottish in Cleveland, Brisbane - apparently there's hunners of us, but i've yet to meet any
Hang about your local pub until happy hour,they will soon show up
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:19 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Hang about your local pub until happy hour,they will soon show up
Hey i was thinking that myself Bernieboy
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hey i was thinking that myself Bernieboy
any of you fellow geordies fancy a get together?????
lesley x
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi Lesley

Would love to say we could join your meet but we are just at the early stages of migration!!! One day if we make it perhaps we will then join your get together. We are looking at P Pines, Coomera areas how are you finding life in OZ? It is so nice to hear other peoples views especially as we have so many decisions ahead of us. thanks Nicky
hi nicky
havent been on for a while sory let me know when your arriving would love to meet up then no probs we are on pac pines and as you can see i run a relocation and a hire a pom company all in the name of helping expats xxxx
lesley x
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:26 am
Just Joined

monkey hanger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snow-white
hi all,
is there any other northerners on the goldcoast everyone we meet seems to be from down south, anyway were in pacific pines anyone up for a get together weve been here over a year would love to meet up for a coffee or drink or barbie let me know if anyones interested
lesley x
hello geordies!

I'm from Hartlepool as you might have guessed,
if you go to the meet ups website and look for Brisbane british Club BBC
there a gold coast and brisbane meets, might see you for a nite oot on the toon!!!

regards

Steve
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by monkey hanger
hello geordies!

there a gold coast and brisbane meets, might see you for a nite oot on the toon!!!

regards

Steve
hi steve,
whereabouts you living anywhere near us ?

lesley x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 8:08 am
Just Joined

monkey hanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: are we the only geordies on goldcoast??

Originally Posted by monkey hanger
hello geordies!

regards

Steve
Hi Lesley,

we live at Bridgeman Downs on Brisbanes northside,
there is a meet up on St Georges day 26 April of the Brisbane British Club

at the pig n whistle 123 Eagle Street,RiversideBrisbane at 12.00 pm

why not get yourself along, we get a discount on the drinks and nibblies provided, hope to see you there

kind regards

Steve and Basia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.