British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Are we the only emigrants who DON'T want there visa to hurry up?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/we-only-emigrants-who-dont-want-there-visa-hurry-up-339589/)

ROBnCAZ Nov 26th 2005 7:09 am

Are we the only emigrants who DON'T want there visa to hurry up??

Long story, but in brief....
PCC's and meds done April 2005, giving us a final entry date of April 2006.

Cousin has just lodged bond with Centrelink, visa issue almost imminant!!

Starting to panick now, there is no way we can afford to go before April 2006 (been a tough year saving wise).....

So........re-did PCC's recently on advice of agent in the hope that DIMIA would extend entry date til August 2006. PCC's still not recieved back from Surrey Police(!!!!)

Agent 2 weeks ago requested to DIMIA that this be OK...no response as yet! (no news is good news apparently) :rolleyes:

So, we must really be the only emigrants NOT wanting our visa to hurry up!! Kind of bizarre really as we have spent the last 18 months praying for this moment!!

:o

walaj Nov 26th 2005 7:27 am

Re: Are we the only emigrants who DON'T want there visa to hurry up??

not the only one - we were not in any rush, even got pregnant to delay the medicals :D In the end took 2 yrs 2mths 2 days from sending application off til the visas being granted.

won't you have to redo the medical as well as I was sure the entry date was a year from the earliest of the meds or PCC??

ROBnCAZ Nov 26th 2005 7:32 am

Originally Posted by walaj
not the only one - we were not in any rush, even got pregnant to delay the medicals :D In the end took 2 yrs 2mths 2 days from sending application off til the visas being granted.

won't you have to redo the medical as well as I was sure the entry date was a year from the earliest of the meds or PCC??

Our meds were done in August this year.....so yeah, that is the date we will hopefully get (Aug 2006).

A lot better for us than Apr 2006!!!

Juliecabs Nov 26th 2005 12:44 pm

We're in no desperate hurry either. We should have our visa around May but we're gonna wait until end August for the kids exam results to come through. I'm enjoying making the most of the time we have left here. I'm hoping for a freezing winter 'cos it'll probably be the last one, and a white Christmas ('cos I don't ever remember one). I've really enjoyed this Autumn and noticed the colours of the trees, leaves etc more. I've got 2 more niece's/nephews due in March and May and want to meet them first. It's my Mum's 65th in July and my "baby" sister's 30th in May (having parties for both), and my son deperately wants to go to his school prom in May.
So I'm quite happy to wait.
I think we're in the minority though :rolleyes: :)
Julie.

ROBnCAZ Nov 26th 2005 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
We're in no desperate hurry either. We should have our visa around May but we're gonna wait until end August for the kids exam results to come through. I'm enjoying making the most of the time we have left here. I'm hoping for a freezing winter 'cos it'll probably be the last one, and a white Christmas ('cos I don't ever remember one). I've really enjoyed this Autumn and noticed the colours of the trees, leaves etc more. I've got 2 more niece's/nephews due in March and May and want to meet them first. It's my Mum's 65th in July and my "baby" sister's 30th in May (having parties for both), and my son deperately wants to go to his school prom in May.
So I'm quite happy to wait.
I think we're in the minority though :rolleyes: :)
Julie.

Yip! Deffo must be a minority!
I agree with your post....it's funny how - the nearer we get to going, the more you start to appreciate ol' Blighty! Still wont miss the place though :D

hilary6 Nov 26th 2005 6:42 pm

No hurry for us either we're waiting for redundancy :D :D

Brisben Nov 26th 2005 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by hilary6
No hurry for us either we're waiting for redundancy :D :D

I am only doing TRA but in a difficult position, Just been offered reduncancy after 11 years of servie so quite a few quid at stake, plus they paid all my university fees. If I leave I pay back everything ( 10k).

I hope leaving will happen when and if I get visa, but I can get out of my tie in clause right now and pocket about 10k, but will be jobless, ...

Tough decision I need to make any suggestions????????????????

Visa is at least 6 month saway although I have been offered another job although losing about 10kon my salary,....I know I could subsidise it with my redundancu package but I am realy unsure........help