We Are Offski!!

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

THE MALLAN FAMILY is on a distinguished road
Default We Are Offski!!

Feel really lucky when I read some of the posts: Completed applications/Waiting for visa's/Organising shippers, cos our list is now complete!

Of to Melbourne on 26th October, but again I am lucky as most of this has been handed on a plate to me. Joining the Royal Australian Navy (after serving in Navy and Reserves in the UK) and they pay for EVERYTHING! Going to get back money spent on visas/medicals, they are paying for a 40' container to ship our furniture (asked the guy how much if we paid for it ourselves?.....got told £7.5k!!) Flights paid for by the Oz Navy at Business Class, stopover in KL via Malaysia Airlines, paid for again by Oz Navy. Met at Melbourne, took to hotel for 1 week, guessed right....for free! Put into house for 6 weeks whilst we find our own......oops....missed the for free bit. Then, find our own place and the Oz Navy pay's half the rent, for as long as I am a serving member!!!!

Not gloating, honest, just wanted to let you all know how much I feel for you. If there is any saving grace for you lot..........WE HAVEN'T SOLD THE HOUSE!! but hey, I really don't give a shit now! Melbourne here we come!!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We Are Offski!!

Good luck you guy's. Let us know how you get on over there. Want to be in your shoes Soooooo much xxx

Vic&Jase
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by THE MALLAN FAMILY
Feel really lucky when I read some of the posts: Completed applications/Waiting for visa's/Organising shippers, cos our list is now complete!

Of to Melbourne on 26th October, but again I am lucky as most of this has been handed on a plate to me. Joining the Royal Australian Navy (after serving in Navy and Reserves in the UK) and they pay for EVERYTHING! Going to get back money spent on visas/medicals, they are paying for a 40' container to ship our furniture (asked the guy how much if we paid for it ourselves?.....got told £7.5k!!) Flights paid for by the Oz Navy at Business Class, stopover in KL via Malaysia Airlines, paid for again by Oz Navy. Met at Melbourne, took to hotel for 1 week, guessed right....for free! Put into house for 6 weeks whilst we find our own......oops....missed the for free bit. Then, find our own place and the Oz Navy pay's half the rent, for as long as I am a serving member!!!!

Not gloating, honest, just wanted to let you all know how much I feel for you. If there is any saving grace for you lot..........WE HAVEN'T SOLD THE HOUSE!! but hey, I really don't give a shit now! Melbourne here we come!!!

Lovely to hear such good news. I am new to this site and seems that most people are waiting for a decision. Your house will sell quickly now, as estate agents inform me that September is their busiest time after the summer school holidays. Good luck with your new life
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:20 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move - there seems to be a lot of RN personnel going over to the Oz Navy at the mo. We did think about it for ourselves but I`ve had enough of hubby being away at sea so we decided to try going as Electrician.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
welcome to BE. What a lovely opportunity for you and the family. Enjoy the free ride. Melbourne is a great city to move to.
You might like to take a look at the Britvics site http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
Its for people moving to -or already live in Melbourne

Helinuk
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

THE MALLAN FAMILY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Good luck with the move - there seems to be a lot of RN personnel going over to the Oz Navy at the mo. We did think about it for ourselves but I`ve had enough of hubby being away at sea so we decided to try going as Electrician.
Hi GobbyJock - some handle that by the way....must be from Glasgae are yer! The last thing I am going to do is spend too much time away from the family, not whilst they are trying to settle in, got wife, 2 kids (13&7) and Barnie the Golden Retriever and I ain't leaving them yet! Got 9 months shore side in Melbourne then off to either Perth or Sydney to pick up a ship, but its nothing like UK service on ships. They don't have too many anyway and spend most of the time, when they are away "up top"....at sea north of Australia, so better than the Western Approaches and North Sea. Know quite a few lads out there, ex RN, who love it as it is sooooo relaxed, compared to the UK mob. So don't let the "hubby being away too much" get you down. I could not have done this any other way, simply could not afford it and looking forward to the whole experience. Good luck GobbyJock fingers crossed for you, for whatever you do!

Tom
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:55 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Hi GobbyJock - some handle that by the way....must be from Glasgae are yer! The last thing I am going to do is spend too much time away from the family, not whilst they are trying to settle in, got wife, 2 kids (13&7) and Barnie the Golden Retriever and I ain't leaving them yet! Got 9 months shore side in Melbourne then off to either Perth or Sydney to pick up a ship, but its nothing like UK service on ships. They don't have too many anyway and spend most of the time, when they are away "up top"....at sea north of Australia, so better than the Western Approaches and North Sea. Know quite a few lads out there, ex RN, who love it as it is sooooo relaxed, compared to the UK mob. So don't let the "hubby being away too much" get you down. I could not have done this any other way, simply could not afford it and looking forward to the whole experience. Good luck GobbyJock fingers crossed for you, for whatever you do!

Tom
Bloody Glaswegian!!!I`m a Fifer
Seriously though good luck with the move, I think my hubby is ready now to move into civvy life (he`s done 20years this month) and with another two to do I can`t wait to have a normal life for the first time without him being away most of the year. I think what really cut it for us was when he left to go to the Gulf in December last year (for 6 months) our 9 yr old daughter was really upset (she`s at the age now when she is much more aware of stuff) and the thought of being on my own in a strange country didn`t appeal, whereas if we this way we can choose where we live and be near our relatives in Perth. Make sure you post when you get ther and let us know how it goes!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - what a great set-up. Hope Australia's everything you wished for.