Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

we need help with questions please

we need help with questions please

Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

deanotech is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking we need help with questions please

hello we are thinking about moving to oz we have lots of questions if you can help us on any of them we whould be very greatfull
we are a couple with one child age 7
i am a car painter
my wife is a hairdresser
we woulid like to know 1. what it is like to live out there
2. how do living costs compare to uk
3. how easy is it to get a job
4. how easy is it to rent a house
5. what are the best places to move to
6. what are the schools like
7. could my wife get a job even if she does not have her city&guilds but she has been a trained hairdresser for 13 years and now runs has own very sucsessfull saloon

any help would be great looked at lots of web sites just geting more confused
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Re: we need help with questions please

Hello there
Im a vehicle trimmer and so is my partner. We dont have any papers to state our trade as we were trained on the job. As for your wife, she should be able to prove that she has run her own salon, and all we had to do was show that we had worked in our choosen trade for the last 3 yrs im sure youll be fine. Only thing is, you must go into great detail of your training and I mean great detail
Good luck
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

deanotech is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovealot
Hello there
Im a vehicle trimmer and so is my partner. We dont have any papers to state our trade as we were trained on the job. As for your wife, she should be able to prove that she has run her own salon, and all we had to do was show that we had worked in our choosen trade for the last 3 yrs im sure youll be fine. Only thing is, you must go into great detail of your training and I mean great detail
Good luck
thanks for your reply
please can you tell us how you go about applying and who you dealt with
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Yeah, no probs.
We used an agent but you dont have to. you can do it yourself. You must first have a TRA assesment done. Click on chat and Ill talk to you there
Old Aug 14th 2005, 9:31 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Smile Re: we need help with questions please

Originally Posted by deanotech
hello we are thinking about moving to oz we have lots of questions if you can help us on any of them we whould be very greatfull
we are a couple with one child age 7
i am a car painter
my wife is a hairdresser
we woulid like to know 1. what it is like to live out there
2. how do living costs compare to uk
3. how easy is it to get a job
4. how easy is it to rent a house
5. what are the best places to move to
6. what are the schools like
7. could my wife get a job even if she does not have her city&guilds but she has been a trained hairdresser for 13 years and now runs has own very sucsessfull saloon

any help would be great looked at lots of web sites just geting more confused

G'day Deano and MrsD - welcome to the forum!

I just wrote a nice, long answer to this, but lost the lot when my computer crashed! So apologies, but this will be shorter.

In essence, what you need to do is:

Firstly, go to the DIMIA website (this link takes you to the forms and booklets section) and download the bits relevant to your situation.

Secondly, I'd suggest conducting various searches of this and the Aussie Immigration forums as most of your questions have been asked and answered many times before - you'll find loads of info on here, even if you get many answers in this thread.

Thirdly, I recommend that you be a wee bit more specific in both your subject lines and your questions to get some decent answers. Most helpful to other readers/posters is the place (town, city or, at least the state) which you intend to emigrate to, as the answers will vary from state to state and town to town.

In any event, good luck in your research and application.

Cheers
PR