Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are moving back to the U.K. and have a lot of goods to sell

We are moving back to the U.K. and have a lot of goods to sell

Old May 3rd 2008, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default We are moving back to the U.K. and have a lot of goods to sell

Just before i start, i would like to thank everyone for all their help over the last few years and now.

We are going back and have a lot of goods to sell which would be great for people who have either just arrived or need new things. Everything is 6 mths old or less.

Just pm me if interested and you can come and have a look or we will tell you what we have, we are in Robina on the Gold Coast.

Take care
Lisa
Old May 3rd 2008, 1:44 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are moving back to the U.K. and have a lot of goods to sell

Originally Posted by lisas
Just before i start, i would like to thank everyone for all their help over the last few years and now.

We are going back and have a lot of goods to sell which would be great for people who have either just arrived or need new things. Everything is 6 mths old or less.

Just pm me if interested and you can come and have a look or we will tell you what we have, we are in Robina on the Gold Coast.

Take care
Lisa
Have you thought of listing the items in the classifieds section and put a link on this thread so that you only have to email pics once? Also people won't need to travel to see if the items will suit.
Old May 3rd 2008, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Take care
Lisa

Hi Lisa

So you have finally made the decision eh? I have been following your recent posts. How do you feel? Pleased? Excited? It must be nice to at least have a direction one way or another.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all the best for your move back and hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Cheers
Rab
Old May 4th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice

Hi Rab,

Thanks, I've been reading your posts too and hope that everything works out well for you in the end as you've not had an easy time of it.

At least it is just the two of us and two cats, so we have no ties and can up and move easily without children to consider. It's an amazing thing, to stay for the sake of your children when you're not happy. Good things happen to good people so I'm sure things will work out for you in the end.

I'm just glad we've made a decision as it was agony going backwards and forwards over what to do. I don't know how I feel really, just weird I guess. Part of me knows we were at a point were things had the potential to work out well and I think I could have done the 2 yrs and enjoyed it. So I do wonder if i'll have some regrets but I'm not the kind of person to let them eat away at me.

However I completely understand my partner's point of view that we would be in a better financial position back home. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't done 2 years but it's not the end of the world. I'm going to go to the UK and enjoy everything I realise I've missed and I'm going to enjoy my good lifestyle that I had before, (even though some people believe you can't have a good lifestyle in the UK). Also we've got plans to try out some new opportunities in the UK that we wouldn't have done before because we were too much in our comfort zone, so that's exciting.

All in all it's been an enriching experience, if somewhat stressful lol!!

Lisa x
Old May 4th 2008, 10:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa, definitely put a list of all your stuff up in Classifieds. It will make life easier for both you and anyone interested in buying stuff off you. Happy you've made a decision you're both happy with. Hope it works out for you.
Old May 4th 2008, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Good luck Lisa (& partner) sending you some MBTTUK karma. Hope you get good prices for you stuff and car.

X
Old May 5th 2008, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

thanks,

I just hope we can sell most of it as we need to claw back some money to offset the enormous amount we've already spent. I'm classing it as a very expensive gap year lol!
Old May 5th 2008, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

So are you definitely going to move back to UK once your daughter finishes school? how long will you have been here then or more importantly how long do you have to stay here? What are your main reasons for wanting to go back? Sorry, just being nosey!! Feel free not to reply lol.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

washing machine and bedside cabinets now sold
Old May 5th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default We are moving back to the U.K. and have a lot of goods to sell

Hey lisas

Good luck with the move back to the UK.

Just one question about the car, how did you manage to get it to stand on it's edge in the third picture?

Surely that must have damaged the paintwork?

Joking aside, safe journey.

NG
Old May 5th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

woops

washing machine and bedside cabinets NOT sold,

So go for your life.

and to the above post funny and thanks

lisa
Old May 5th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi lisa will pm you
x
Old May 5th 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rab,

Thanks, I've been reading your posts too and hope that everything works out well for you in the end as you've not had an easy time of it.

At least it is just the two of us and two cats, so we have no ties and can up and move easily without children to consider. It's an amazing thing, to stay for the sake of your children when you're not happy. Good things happen to good people so I'm sure things will work out for you in the end.

I'm just glad we've made a decision as it was agony going backwards and forwards over what to do. I don't know how I feel really, just weird I guess. Part of me knows we were at a point were things had the potential to work out well and I think I could have done the 2 yrs and enjoyed it. So I do wonder if i'll have some regrets but I'm not the kind of person to let them eat away at me.

However I completely understand my partner's point of view that we would be in a better financial position back home. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't done 2 years but it's not the end of the world. I'm going to go to the UK and enjoy everything I realise I've missed and I'm going to enjoy my good lifestyle that I had before, (even though some people believe you can't have a good lifestyle in the UK). Also we've got plans to try out some new opportunities in the UK that we wouldn't have done before because we were too much in our comfort zone, so that's exciting.

All in all it's been an enriching experience, if somewhat stressful lol!!

Lisa x

Hi Lisa

Well you sound positive, so I'm pleased you are ok with the decision moving forward. Who knows, you may end up back out here again at some stage LOL (even if it's for a holiday)?! I know it's corny, but everything happens for a reason and it sounds like it's given you a shake up and you have lots of exicting stuff planned for life back in UK!

All the best for the move back, hope it goes well and do keep us posted won't you, would love to know how you get on back there.

Cheers
Faye x
Old May 5th 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Faye,

I'll keep you posted and yeah, I think things happen for a reason too! Just gotta wait to see what the future holds.
Old May 6th 2008, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

All the stuff we have for sale is now on gumtree if any one wants a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.