Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are We Mad Or What ???????

Are We Mad Or What ???????

Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:44 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Are We Mad Or What ???????

We're just about to send off our main application for a STNI visa in S.A........and get this we,ve never been to Australia and don't even know anybody that has. But we're getting ready to sell everything we own and up sticks and move to a country at the other side of the world with a wife and three kids and no job.....Are we mad or just plain crazy ..... ( if we are crazy will this show up on our medicals??). Is there anyone out there in the same position as us and if so have you got any advice and tips..
STEPHEN
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:52 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Are We Mad Or What ???????

I say :

GO FOR IT !
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

You're not mad if you're doing it for the right reasons
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

My brother did the same 9.5 years ago. He is now better off than he has ever been with 2 kids that he said they wouldn't have been able to have here and has just bought his own business. Like you he had never been to Oz before but he loves it and will never come back to England except for a holiday (if he has to).

We are now trying desperately to get out to be with them but it is a lot harder now than it was when he went.

If it doesn't work out you could always come back.

Debs
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:05 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by CORKER
We're just about to send off our main application for a STNI visa in S.A........and get this we,ve never been to Australia and don't even know anybody that has. But we're getting ready to sell everything we own and up sticks and move to a country at the other side of the world with a wife and three kids and no job.....Are we mad or just plain crazy ..... ( if we are crazy will this show up on our medicals??). Is there anyone out there in the same position as us and if so have you got any advice and tips..
STEPHEN
It depends on how much money you have and your employment prospects.
Do you have enough money to buy your own house, enough money to support your family while you are looking for work and do you have skills or qualifications that will get you work in SA.

Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:16 pm
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point

we did it with two teenagers,moved last july and will not go back to the uk in a hurry.If you know what you want you will get it ,we had not visited before just did loads of research and are now having a ball.
Any info you need just pm but we are happy in Bayside Queensland

Good luck Sally
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:20 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

STEPHEN
Hiya Corker,
take as much money as you can, no 5 star hotels, live cheep and get a job ASAP. Buy a nice place & enjoy life.

If itr all goes t up, return to the UK. Nothing Ventured nothing gained

TTFN
Mark
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:23 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

STEPHEN

We will be doing the same as you ASAP............you just have to go for it sometimes and take the gamble, if you dont you will always have regrets when you older

Good Luck and be happy

Donna
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:24 pm
Visa Granted-MT Eliza 06

gladiatorjw will become famous soon enough

Corker

We are the same. 2 good jobs, kids excelling in school, good social life,member of a good golf club etc. We have never been either but as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. We are heading for Victoria as stni. Good luck.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:35 pm
Merlot

As the saying goes

"If it is going to be, it is up to me!"

You can achieve anything you want, you have to make your plans heard with the Universe and you will get there . . sorry that is not to sound deep and airy-fairy as it looks.

Best of luck
M

Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Same here we've not been moving ourselves and 4 mebbe 5 kids leaving jobs, selling house but hey might be the best thing we have ever done!

Hope the Australians have plenty of straight jackets!!! lol

Chris
Old Feb 15th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

STEPHEN
We are in the same boat....sending off application form, never been to Australia, and basing everything on the TV programs we have watched and the fact that this country (that we both love and are very proud to say we are British) seems to be against sucessfull, hard working people.

Our saying is "You've got one life....." so why not try another country, if the worst happens, there is always a flight home......but it has to be really really bad....which reading this forum we doubt. We are hoping to take the opportunities going and stick it out.

We are heading to Queensland....no idea why, other than the theme parks!!!! One reason is as good as another

One concern I do have is that why do all the Australians I know say their country is great - so why are they all over here!?!?!?!?!?

Good luck
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:09 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by sonictigger
We are in the same boat....sending off application form, never been to Australia, and basing everything on the TV programs we have watched and the fact that this country (that we both love and are very proud to say we are British) seems to be against sucessfull, hard working people.

Our saying is "You've got one life....." so why not try another country, if the worst happens, there is always a flight home......but it has to be really really bad....which reading this forum we doubt. We are hoping to take the opportunities going and stick it out.

We are heading to Queensland....no idea why, other than the theme parks!!!! One reason is as good as another

One concern I do have is that why do all the Australians I know say their country is great - so why are they all over here!?!?!?!?!?

Good luck
You say you have based your decison to immigrate to OZ after watching TV
shows. l wonder what intelligent informative shows about the reality of life in Australia these were? Let me guess Home and Away, Neighbours
Outback jack, New life downunder or l'm a celebrity get me out of here.
You have decided upon Queeensland not based upon employment opportunities, cost of housing or the climate but only because " it has lots of theme parks" .

Last edited by wombat42; Feb 15th 2005 at 9:19 pm.

Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wombat42
shows. l wonder what intelligent informative shows about the reality of life in Australia these were? Let me guess Home and Away, Neighbours
Dam...I've been found out.....all of the above, not to mention the new one last night...Desparately sSeking Sheila!!!!! LOL
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:15 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by wombat42
Let me tell you, after 10 months back in the UK, you don't need TV shows to make you want to go!!!

I am now of the belief that anywhere is better than the UK for ME at the moment, I can't of course speak on others feelings. Some are happy here, some want to go and try something new.

M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.