Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are looking for rental house in Wynnum, Manly, Lota

We are looking for rental house in Wynnum, Manly, Lota

Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Spainy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We are looking for rental house in Wynnum, Manly, Lota

We have just been told by the agent, that the owners want to move back into our rental house and we have to leave. Only moved in here 6 months ago and made it clear we were looking for long term rental. Anyway, not here for a rant, but we are looking for a nice house to rent in the Wynnum, Manly, Lota area. Currently we are at Lota, and our lad starts at Guardian Angels in Wynnum this month. So we're desperately combing the rentals. Looking for a 3/4 bed with a covered deck and possibly a rumpus room (we have a bit of furniture!). If anyone knows of a suitable house we would greatly appreciate some help. We can supply references and both working. Looking for something up to $450 a week
Thanks
Ian
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:47 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We are looking for rental house in Wynnum, Manly, Lota

I can't help, I'm just wondering how long your lease was for?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

We asked for 12 months but was told by the agent that the owners wanted to do a 6 month lease to start. Never told us we would have to move after that, but I guess in the current economic climate, things change. Costly having to move after only 6 months though.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:53 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spainy
We asked for 12 months but was told by the agent that the owners wanted to do a 6 month lease to start. Never told us we would have to move after that, but I guess in the current economic climate, things change. Costly having to move after only 6 months though.
That's too bad, not too much you can do about it then. You have to wonder if they knew that from the beginning and maybe didn't want to tell anyone for fear of not finding renters for such short a lease.

Wherever you go I probably wouldn't sign a lease 6 month lease again if you are only looking for long term.

I assume you've checked here:
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=bhp&t=ren&cu=

Alternatively I would speak with a few agents and give them all your info in case something comes up. Hopefully someone will see this and have something for you.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link...I hope they didnt have this in mind from the beginning too. Not much you can do about it though if they did know. Ive tried all the agents + adverts loking for private rentals. It appears owners are selling up their investment properties leaving less to rent. I'm sure we will find something, but more than 4 weeks to find and move into would have been nice
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:01 am
Canuck/Aussie

If you have difficulty finding a rental would buying be an option or something you would be interested in?

You might also want to widen your search for locations a bit just in case. It does suck only having 4 weeks though. We were lucky, when we arrived we purposely found a rental that was only available for 4 months. We knew we were buying a house so that way the pressure was on as soon as we moved in to find a place to buy.

Moving doesn't always have to be expensive either. My husband borrowed a trailer from his boss and we moved our stuff over in a couple of days, even with 2 little kids (3 and 1 at the time) we managed to do it.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Sorry for the bump...but trying to cover all angles!!