Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We are looking to meet people in Townsville!

We are looking to meet people in Townsville!

Old Sep 10th 2008, 12:40 am
Just Joined

SuzDave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We are looking to meet people in Townsville!

Hi, this is my first time in a discussion forum online and I'm not quite sure what to expect. My husband, two children and I re-located from Lancashire to Townsville in June 08 and are looking to meet people. Our children are age 8 and 6 and we are mid 30's. Please contact me if you know of a regular meeting venue in Townsville for expats or if you would like to meet, thanks

Last edited by SuzDave; Sep 10th 2008 at 12:44 am.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:31 am
Danny

drdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud ofdrdan has much to be proud of
Default Re: We are looking to meet people in Townsville!

Originally Posted by SuzDave
Hi, this is my first time in a discussion forum online and I'm not quite sure what to expect. My husband, two children and I re-located from Lancashire to Townsville in June 08 and are looking to meet people. Our children are age 8 and 6 and we are mid 30's. Please contact me if you know of a regular meeting venue in Townsville for expats or if you would like to meet, thanks
Hiya Suz, Hope you are enjoying TSV. We moved here early January and are becoming well settled into life in the 'ville. Looking forward to summer - you came at a nice time of year. We arrived from a holiday back in the UK in Jan. That was a bit of a shocker!

I'm here with Emma, and our 2 kids Katy (10) and Isaac (7). Kids loving it here, Emma just started work at JCU and I'm working at Townsville hospital.

There is an occasional meet up on the Strand, so keep an eye out for that. What brought you guys here? Have you seen much of Qld yet? We've been up to Cairns/Pt Douglas & are going to Daydream Island @ Whitsundays in a couple of week's time for a few days.

See you for now,
Dan
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Hi Guy's

Myself (39) and partner, Nicki (42) are due to land in Townsville on the 4th October. We don't have any children but we would love to meet up with some expats and fire off loads of questions LOL.

Regards

John
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

kevzone will become famous soon enough

Hey Suz,
My wife and I moved here 4 years ago, which was for work at the TGH and is a world of difference from South Yorkshire.
We now have a 3-year-old ruling the household, who ends most sentences with "EH DAD."
We too are in our mid 30's and enjoy catching up with expats so if you would like to meet up sometime, contact me and we can arrange it, cheers for now.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

scooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nicescooby3 is just really nice

Hi was just reviewing some threads i had been involved in and was wondering how you were getting on with your research of other oz areas Kevzone always interesting to get other views. Sadly the thread died.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by drdan
Hiya Suz, Hope you are enjoying TSV. We moved here early January and are becoming well settled into life in the 'ville. Looking forward to summer - you came at a nice time of year. We arrived from a holiday back in the UK in Jan. That was a bit of a shocker!

I'm here with Emma, and our 2 kids Katy (10) and Isaac (7). Kids loving it here, Emma just started work at JCU and I'm working at Townsville hospital.

There is an occasional meet up on the Strand, so keep an eye out for that. What brought you guys here? Have you seen much of Qld yet? We've been up to Cairns/Pt Douglas & are going to Daydream Island @ Whitsundays in a couple of week's time for a few days.

See you for now,
Dan
Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We came from Preston to Townsville with my husbands job. He works for United Utilities and they asked him to come here to help with Water Treatment Operations. My husband Dave worked in Brisbane since last November and me and the kids came out at the start of June when his job moved up here. I was going to look for work and was offered a job with Ergon but we have decided its too difficult for me to work with having the kids much of the time and I didnt want to put them in clubs etc.
Thanks for letting me know that some people do meet on the Strand, I thought as much as I had seen earlier messages about meetings there.
This is our fourth time in Aus, the first time to live. The rest have been long vacations as we have family in Melbourne. We have travelled from Melbourne up to Cairns a couple of times and have stopped at various places along the way. The kids have been here twice too so they knew what to expect when we told them that we were coming to live here. We are not sure how long we are going to be here, we are taking each day, week and month at a time as I'm sure you will agree it's not a decision to be taken lightly.

Suzanne
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevzone
Hey Suz,
My wife and I moved here 4 years ago, which was for work at the TGH and is a world of difference from South Yorkshire.
We now have a 3-year-old ruling the household, who ends most sentences with "EH DAD."
We too are in our mid 30's and enjoy catching up with expats so if you would like to meet up sometime, contact me and we can arrange it, cheers for now.
Hi Kev, if that's the right name (sorry if it's not).
Thanks for getting back to me. Meeting up would be good, let me know when is good for you, weekends are best for us as during the week we are all busy. If you suggest some dates and locations I'll get back to you. Thanks Suzanne
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi Guy's

Myself (39) and partner, Nicki (42) are due to land in Townsville on the 4th October. We don't have any children but we would love to meet up with some expats and fire off loads of questions LOL.

Regards

John
Hi John,

You will no doubt be very busy with your plans and getting organised for the trip here. Its a sad time leaving friends and family and you will miss them incredibly as we do but its a good opportunity to get yourself out there doing things you would never have dreamed of doing back home. Get in touch once you are here and I'll share what I know about Townsville so far, we love it, there is so much to do and see and those people that we have met so far have been helpful and good to us. Good Luck with the move. Suzanne
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Hi John,

You will no doubt be very busy with your plans and getting organised for the trip here. Its a sad time leaving friends and family and you will miss them incredibly as we do but its a good opportunity to get yourself out there doing things you would never have dreamed of doing back home. Get in touch once you are here and I'll share what I know about Townsville so far, we love it, there is so much to do and see and those people that we have met so far have been helpful and good to us. Good Luck with the move. Suzanne
Hi Suzanne

We will be in touch once we have got ourselves settled. Thanks

Yeah, not looking forward to saying "good bye"

John&Nicki
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

kevzone will become famous soon enough

Hi Kev, if that's the right name (sorry if it's not).
Thanks for getting back to me. Meeting up would be good, let me know when is good for you, weekends are best for us as during the week we are all busy. If you suggest some dates and locations I'll get back to you. Thanks Suzanne
Hey Suz,

I have PM'd you with details, cheers.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

zoe_email_uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Suz, we are moving to Townsville just after christmas from Newcastle under lyme(near Stoke), have two kids 7 and 9, looking forward to the move but a little nervous, good to see there are places to meet other expats. Are you glad you made the move?
zoe
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

susanf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John

Hope you have settled in Townsville ? I have just been reading the posts on Townsville. Myself (39) and hubby Eddie (40 very soon) live here in Townsville and would love to meet up with you guys, have a few beers and compare notes and experiences so far. We are from Darwen in Lancashire.

Sue

Originally Posted by John_R
Hi Guy's

Regards

John
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:39 am
Just Joined

sallydawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by susanf
Hi John

Hope you have settled in Townsville ? I have just been reading the posts on Townsville. Myself (39) and hubby Eddie (40 very soon) live here in Townsville and would love to meet up with you guys, have a few beers and compare notes and experiences so far. We are from Darwen in Lancashire.

Sue
Hi Sue
We have just moved into Townsville and are hoping to meet up with expats, i believe the strand is popular but have had no success finding a date and time. would love to meet up with yourselves and have a few beers.

Sally and Tony
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Hi There
We have been in Townsville now just over a year and are looking to make some engish friends... contact me for a traditional morning coffee session lol.
\sharon
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:22 am
Just Joined

sallydawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi There
We have been in Townsville now just over a year and are looking to make some engish friends... contact me for a traditional morning coffee session lol.
\sharon
Hi Sharon
We have been in Townsville for around 3 months and love it, I have two children and they have made some great friends at school. It would be great to meet up with some english people and put the world to right. there is a meet up at the strand but no body seems to know much about it. It would be great to get together and have a chat.

Sally and Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.